Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainbow 6: Patriots

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Watched it yesterday , was a big fan of rainbow six vegas , just hope they dont go mad with day 1 dlc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Hard to believe this is where the series would end up, I'd still rather play Raven Shield than this grimdark, seeing enemies through walls, QTE-ridden snorefest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Looks fricken awesome!!!

Some of the youtube comments are quite funny in a ridiculous sort of way.

moar_23.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Okay so i know it's a PoC but it stills looks woeful. Doesn't even look the user is doing anything. Seems like one long interactive cinematic. The plot looks beyond bad to begin with too with getting too political im not crazy about shooting guys who are pissed off with "wanker bankers" and taking the law into their own hands.

As a game it just screams "Meh".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Occupy Time Square ? Not likey.. the Rainbow 6 team will throw you in the f'n river.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Stev_o wrote: »
    Okay so i know it's a PoC but it stills looks woeful. Doesn't even look the user is doing anything. Seems like one long interactive cinematic. The plot looks beyond bad to begin with too with getting too political im not crazy about shooting guys who are pissed off with "wanker bankers" and taking the law into their own hands.

It's not game footage at all, just a concept video for the story. Finished game will most likely not even resemble that video as it was made over a year ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bonesy.

Poor guy getting blown up on his birthday!

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

Stev_o wrote: »

Yeah, its a proof of concept video, released because someone else was going to leak it, not actual gameplay footage ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

DarkJager wrote: »
    It's not game footage at all, just a concept video for the story. Finished game will most likely not even resemble that video as it was made over a year ago.
    Andy!! wrote: »
    Yeah, its a proof of concept video, released because someone else was going to leak it, not actual gameplay footage ;)

Like iv said im aware its a PoC. Probably worded it wrong in regards to" User doesn't look like they are doing anything". The problem i see is if that's your PoC for a scenario then your user still won't be doing much if anything. It looks bland and generic they aren't pushing any new idea or really anything that would jump out to those who like tactical based combat.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

It'll be interesting to see how Ubisoft dumb down an already dumbed down game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Still play Raven Shield :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,624 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

"The following is not actual gameplay footage"

Well no sh*t, it's mostly just a serious of quick-time events, certainly no gameplay to be seen there!

You know, I'm old enough to remember the brief fad in the 90s for FMV games: truly godawful stuff like Night Trap or 7th Guest. And yet sometimes even those "games" feel like they had more interactive gameplay than modern AAA titles.

Yes, it's a Proof of Concept, but that just means it's an idea of how a final game might look. So the QTEs certainly seem core.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Awh jeez they're CoDifying Rainbow 6 :( God I loved Raven Shield. I remember days often spending ages just planning it all out and letting the computer do the work. The rewards of watching a plan work out was satisfaction enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

ooooo a cupcake!!!

Advertisement