Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wallpaper - do I need to re-size walls

• 05-11-2011 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hung a few rolls of emboss paper a few years back on new plaster . It creased no end and dried that way. I had sized the walls before hanging but the creasing made me think I hadn't done it properly.

Have now stripped the wallpaper off - it came away pretty easy. Washed down the walls and discovered there is still a good deal of surface paste i.e. wall sticky when wet.

Should I give it another coat of size or was the original creasing down to bad technique? Any ideas on how to avoid creasing this time as I am hanging emboss again?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Did you let the paper soak for the recommend time? Check with wallpaper hanging instructions as to what time to let paper soak, as for sizing walls I personally think its a waste of time and it can get messy.

Advertisement