Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine WiMax

Options
  • 05-11-2011 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hi guys, I got Imagine WiMax about a month ago and went for the €40 bundle which I have found brilliant. I paid the €100 conection fee and I am geting the first three months for half price. I just got the bill by email and it is €32.02 for the first month? WTF? Imagine are clossed today, so I have not been in contact with them yet. Any one out there have this issue. WiMax have an internet security sofware at an exrta charge, but I did not go for that as I have my own. If this is half price, then it would be €64 per month and I would have been better getting NTL with TV for an extra €1
    Any one out there know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Does the bill give any breakdown?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Monkeyjoe

have you been using the phone at all? See below from the website might be those charges.

Free calls apply to local, national & UK fixed line numbers only. Calls up to 60 mins, redial after 60mins to avoid call charges. 60 free any network mobile minutes are per month and cannot be carried forward. Calls outside of packs are charged at standard rates and are rounded up to the nearest minute & cent. Call set up charge of 6.97c applies.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭marknine

Monkeyjoe wrote: »
    have you been using the phone at all? See below from the website might be those charges.

Free calls apply to local, national & UK fixed line numbers only. Calls up to 60 mins, redial after 60mins to avoid call charges. 60 free any network mobile minutes are per month and cannot be carried forward. Calls outside of packs are charged at standard rates and are rounded up to the nearest minute & cent. Call set up charge of 6.97c applies.

I have only made a few calls and they were always after 6pm and no more than 10 mins.
    Also. there was a breakdown of bill which I did not understand. Most of the charges were for internet security which I did not use, but they were cancelled out as it is free for first month or so.
    I will call them on monday. I went or this as I do not have a job at the moment and I just could not aford anything else. I had the Three G donle which was ok for €20 a month, but it is a plus to have the landline and cancel my vodaone €20 rolling contract. Not sure if I can afford to pay anything more as I am also paying a morgage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Check the dates you are being billed for! they might be billing you for your first month plus a part of the month which you signed up on, this is the case with many companies where they bill all customers on the same date each month and if you sign up mid month your first bill will have the extra days on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Check the dates you are being billed for! they might be billing you for your first month plus a part of the month which you signed up on, this is the case with many companies where they bill all customers on the same date each month and if you sign up mid month your first bill will have the extra days on it.

This. Same thing happened to me with UPC. Give them a call to confirm.

• Advertisement

foggy_lad wrote: »

That makes sence Thank, I will call them on monday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

marknine wrote: »
    That makes sence Thank, I will call them on monday
    Your bill will have a billing period on it at the top near the invoice date and may be for more than a month, if it is for about 6-7weeks you probably dont even need to call them.

Just found this on the imagine site
    Charges for Broadband and Dial-up:
    Your WiMax broadband pack is billed monthly in advance. On your first bill you will be charged for a month in advance plus the part month you've already been using WiMax. Your WiMax activation fee will also appear here on your first bill.
    You paid the installation seperately so your bill just covers the month in advance and the part month you were using it.

http://www.imagine.ie/wimax_accounts_billing.html

I don't mean to be hijacking this thread, but what is WiMax like?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The Broadband forums should be able to answer you there.

dudara

No worries boneyarsebogman. I found WiMax to be very good so far. Just have this wee billing issue that has worried me. I,m very sure it will be all sorted by tomorrow.
    http://www.imagine.ie If you go for it, buy the phone in Argos as it is half the price.

• Advertisement

I rang Imagine today and they have told me that the bill is one month in advance plus the half month I have used. Glad to say everything is rossie and, so far I would recomend WiMax. Found the customer suport very good except for the usual phone carousel were you press 1 for ? or 2 for ?
    Think most companys have that system and it always drives me mad.
    :D

Advertisement