Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grow up.

Options
  • 05-11-2011 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭

This is a general message to everyone who is posting in this forum.

I graduated from UL in 2009 and use this forum to keep in touch with what's going on. When I was there I was involved to varying degrees with An Focal, ULSU and Clubs and Socs. Eventually I stopped writing for An Focal when the editor at the time refused to print an article which criticised the SU, a huge mistake on her part, I believe.

Now at the time, young and hot blooded as I was I regularly posted here and on the ulsu forum and sometimes the way i phrased my criticisms meant that the threads degenerated into off-topic BS and personal abuse.Oh how times have changed. Wait, no they haven't.
    • Calling people names isn't constructive
    • Bringing up important issues that are irrelevant derails threads. Start a new thread
    • Attacking people and using their names is not fair if you are hiding behind a username

Give constructive criticism of decisions. Stay on-topic. Remember that the Officers are people too.

A good rule, I think, is not to post something on the forum that you would be unwilling to say to the person's face.

In short, as the thread title says, grow up.*

*If you already know how to communicate like a grown up and give constructive criticism, I apologise for wasting three minutes of your time.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement