Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to return to meteor but...

Options
  • 05-11-2011 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭

I was with them before and ended up being late payin off my contract when I moved to o2, I did eventually pay it but was probably a few months delayed, is there any point trying to return or will they simply throw it back in my face?

thanx.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

youtube! wrote: »
    I was with them before and ended up being late payin off my contract when I moved to o2, I did eventually pay it but was probably a few months delayed, is there any point trying to return or will they simply throw it back in my face?

thanx.

Why don't you have a look at Tesco Mobile? The bill pay is way cheaper. I'm leaving Meteor this month after ten years with them.

Tesco Mobile Price Plans

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

Do they do the i phone 4s? I really want one of those,shallow I know:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Dionysus wrote: »
    Why don't you have a look at Tesco Mobile? The bill pay is way cheaper. I'm leaving Meteor this month after ten years with them.

Tesco Mobile Price Plans

Did you see the new offers Meteor have just today put up on their website?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

New customers only I take it? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭vicM

Can only see the 15e 200min/200 txts, is that the one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

Dont suppose anyone is gonna answer my question?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

youtube! wrote: »
    Dont suppose anyone is gonna answer my question?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

they will allow you to but you will probably be paying a deposit if going Billpay

vicM wrote: »
    Can only see the 15e 200min/200 txts, is that the one?

Yea. They seem to have new online only offers.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 sampor

Signed up today with two phones,great deal.Obviously to counter act Tesco. A lot of my calls are to Meteor so made sense.Saving over €30 pm by switching fromVF

• Registered Users Posts: 13 sampor

youtube! as vicM has said You would have to pay a deposit.

• Advertisement

Kensington wrote: »
    New customers only I take it? :(

I think you'll find that all these offers are for new customers;). Of course for anyone upgrading, its open to them to haggle. With the bit of competition coming on stream, its becoming a buyers market. Three have new Special Offers as well. With a €10 per month reduction on monthly bills:).

sampor wrote: »
    Signed up today with two phones,great deal.Obviously to counter act Tesco. A lot of my calls are to Meteor so made sense.Saving over €30 pm by switching fromVF

I really can't see how Meteor is being competitive with its bill pay prices. The most minutes it seems to offer here is 400 minutes and 2GB for €40 (when you buy online). Tesco Mobile is offering 1000 minutes and 2GB for €50 here. (Tesco is currently offering 400 minutes and 500MB for €25)

Meteor doesn't say what it's offering customers who need more than 400 minutes per month. Tesco is still looking way better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

The new plans don't seem to have a 12 month contract anymore. I'm never keen on contracts over 12 months tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

vicM wrote: »
    they will allow you to but you will probably be paying a deposit if going Billpay

Given Eircoms reported financial predicament I am wondering what would happen the Meteor customer deposits if Administrators had to be called in.

Would paying same with credit card provide any protection if the worst happened ?

0lddog wrote: »
    Given Eircoms reported financial predicament I am wondering what would happen the Meteor customer deposits if Administrators had to be called in.

Would paying same with credit card provide any protection if the worst happened ?

depends on the phone and legnth of conract i suppose. high end phones would mean after 6/7 months you might still bear more value in the phone than the deposit owed. regardless I think there has to be a consumer law somewhere that protects the consumer in such cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rebelchick2

I got asked for a deposit to join Meteor today, I cant believe it, I have a good fulltime job, no bad credit history....... Its a wonder they can get anyone to join them!

Just on this, a girl from Meteor finally rang me back last week. She had a lovely manner about her - the calm after the storm. I told her that my bill had rocketed by 60% since I changed from the ordinary tariff, where I got free calls to all networks from 6pm until 8am every week day and all weekend, to the smartphone plan where I lost those free calls. Consequently, I was going to move to Tesco unless she could give me something to keep me with Meteor. She said she'd have a word with somebody and get back to me. When she did, she said she'd give me all my old free minutes back and add them to my existing 2GB smartphone plan which is €50 per month. The only condition was that I'd agree to a 12-month contract. It was SIM only, which is what I wanted from Tesco. So, it was worthwhile negotiating with Meteor about my tariff.

Until tonight I was definitely staying with Meteor because of the free minutes that girl gave me back. My experience tonight, and realisation that Meteor customer service is now under the control of Eircom customer service, has changed that.

Jeepers, you are/were in a foul mood this evening;).I migrated from Connect 20 to Smart 30 with Meteor at beginning of Oct.I had an Affinity Discount of 25% off my bill before I migrated. The CS agent assured me that the Aff.Discount would carry through till my contract ended in Feb 2012. Anyway no Discount in my Oct bill. Bunged off an email to them about it. No reply. Same thing happened this month. Emailed them again - no reply.Signed up with Three Wed night and ported over this evening. Have top of the range Android phone free with 350 units & 150 texts + ayce data for €30 a month. And can use 50% of my units(mins) to call family in UK.:):):). Bye, bye Meteor:D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Jeepers, you are/were in a foul mood this evening;).I migrated from Connect 20 to Smart 30 with Meteor at beginning of Oct.I had an Affinity Discount of 25% off my bill before I migrated. The CS agent assured me that the Aff.Discount would carry through till my contract ended in Feb 2012. Anyway no Discount in my Oct bill. Bunged off an email to them about it. No reply. Same thing happened this month. Emailed them again - no reply.Signed up with Three Wed night and ported over this evening. Have top of the range Android phone free with 350 units & 150 texts + ayce data for €30 a month. And can use 50% of my units(mins) to call family in UK.:):):). Bye, bye Meteor:D.

You might start to feel a little differently in a short while. 3 are a joke of a company and when you incur problems (which you will) all I can say is good luck to you. A 2 year contract with these guys would be a very long stint of turmoil. I'm coming to an end of an 18 month contract and am delighting in the fact that it's coming to an end.

du Maurier wrote: »
    You might start to feel a little differently in a short while. 3 are a joke of a company and when you incur problems (which you will) all I can say is good luck to you. A 2 year contract with these guys would be a very long stint of turmoil. I'm coming to an end of an 18 month contract and am delighting in the fact that it's coming to an end.

I was with them up to a year ago and had absolutely no problems. Customer care were pleasant on the few occasions I contacted them. Have to say also that CC were A1 this time as well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement