Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netbook to TV. Electrical Interferences

Options
  • 05-11-2011 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭

hi all
    I bought this http://goo.gl/9pzqy off ebay. it allows me to to plug a vga from my laptop and gives me a s- video and yellow output...
    it power by a 50 hz usb from the netbook to the box

then i plug in a rca (yellow,white and red) to 3.5 mm heaphone jack but without the yellow as it dose nothing...

all into a a RCA and s video to scart

and this dose display my asus ee pc 900 running ubuntu 11.10 on to my television.

BUT when my netbook is plugged in a get electrical interference (white small dots in a line running slowish up the tv.) on the tv
    what is the problem , and how do i fix this ?....

btw: i thought there might be a problem with the way the power is getting to the usb. so i done a test by plugging in the usb to a external powered hub. i think it did improve the problem but not my much..

Thanks in advances .
    Barry.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

sugarman wrote: »
    Cheap cables/shielding is your problem.. You'll never get a good image off the set up your using tbh.

I assume your trying to connect the netbook to an old style crt tv as opposed to a lcd?
    no. lcd 42inch flat screen hd ready .... the setup works very well for movies but is a it hard to read off ....

also touching off the cables dosent change the quality. gold plated as well i think

Advertisement