Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pick me a CPU...

• 05-11-2011 5:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭

Due to the perks of working for miscellaneous computer chip company :rolleyes: I have the option of getting one of the below cpus for free.

square.gifCore 2 Quad Q9250 square.gifCore 2 Quad Q9450 square.gifCore 2 Extreme Quad QX9650 square.gifCore 2 Quad Q9300 square.gifCore 2 Duo E6850 square.gifCore 2 Duo E6750 square.gifQX9750 square.gifCore i5-750

(Note these are probably engineering samples, passed basic test etc but no guarentee on true performance...could be better or worse then expected!)

What would ye guys pick?

More of a laptop tech myself so dont have a huge experience in PC builds etc.

Looking to build as cheap a system as possible atm (no need for SSDs etc) but with the ability to game at mid-high settings the latest releases.
    Possibly want to future proof some of he components if i plan to upgrade the chip in the future . Any component/build suggestions much appreciated...ranging from the cheapest to the maxed out!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭massy086

grab the i5 750 and can i have free chip too pleaseeeeeeeeeee i5 is the newest chip so it will be the fastest and also it will use a ddr3 mobo so ram will be dirt cheap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,925 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-cpu-overclocking,3052-5.html

Nevermind newness, most of those chips stack up nicely against each other. However the i5 does inch out on top, so it would be your best bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭massy086

well my main thought is the older chips are all lga 775 hard to find mobo,s and ddr2 witch is not as cheap as ddr3 or as fast or future proof. a cheap h55 board and 4 gb ram can be got for under 100 yo yo,s and also in the future he could trow in a i7 chip as a upgrade

Advertisement