Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin City Gift Cards not working?

Options
  • 05-11-2011 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Anyone had any issues with these Gift cards lately?

When going to the website to check the balance all my cards are shown as invalid.

They were all purchased earlier this year so are only max 10 months old. I still have balances of around €150 on them the last time I checked in august.

Tried calling the helpline but noone picks up and it just directs you to their website to check the balance, Ticketmaster don't sell them anymore so can't help.

Expiry on the cards are all printed as 10/12

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭wench

Monkeyjoe wrote: »
    Anyone had any issues with these Gift cards lately?

When going to the website to check the balance all my cards are shown as invalid.

The company behind them has had a liquidator appointed. If mastercard haven't been paid, that may be the problem.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/finance/2011/1022/1224306297226.html

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Monkeyjoe

Thanks Wench I saw this in the morning when I tried to contact them.
    Surely though with any of these Mastercard prepaid system the credit card company ie. Mastercard would hold the funds for the clients???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭wench

Monkeyjoe wrote: »
    Thanks Wench I saw this in the morning when I tried to contact them.
    Surely though with any of these Mastercard prepaid system the credit card company ie. Mastercard would hold the funds for the clients???

presumably the funds go first to zapa who then (hopefully) pay mastercard.

I've just checked some cards I used two weeks ago, and they now show as invalid. If it isn't to do with the liquidation, the timing is very suspicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 xonne

Hi,

I have the same problem. I tried to use the Dublin gift card in Argos today and it was not working. I checked the balance online it showed invalid. I have 3 cards and still have lots of balance.

I went to ticketmasket, the guy told me to call the helpline.

Did anyone manage to contact them? Any further news?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

They were bought out of liquidation on friday. Not sure if it means the cards will be reactivated, but you could ask them.

http://www.siliconrepublic.com/start-ups/item/24688-nfc-provider-zapa-raises/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭uli84

oh glad, i looked here by chance, same problem, hope this will get sorted. if anyone gets anymore info please post here

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Levitate

having problems with my card aswell. now they are telling me the card value reduces by 5 euro each month it is not used (this starts to happen after one year) anyone heard of this - seems ridiculous given the card is meant to be valid until October 2012

where does it say that Levitate? are you able to check the balance in any way?

not able to check online anymore, i emailed them .they are saying it's on the t+c s

http://zapacard.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=7&Itemid=5&lang=en

my balance of 50 is down to 25 - bit of a joke to be honest, they say the date on the front is more like a credit card expiry date but it's very misleading.

this is a joke as this definitely hasn't been in the T&C, I have never been informed of the change either-the only thing is how to prove it wasn't there...Looks like the savings I was meant to make with this card on ryanair bookings..weren't savings really...

• Advertisement

i don't know if it was ever on the pocket which the cards came in? if it was fair enough, but I can't remeber to be 100% honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Sharp

Just used mine on Reebok half price sale worked fine?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ginandtonic20

I have used my card twice in the past two weeks without any problem. I contacted ZAPA card and spoke to <SNIP> who told me there would not be a problem with the card.

Advertisement