Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

water cooling pump - help

Options
  • 05-11-2011 5:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

i have just set up my water cooling unit with a flow meter.the pump is the Alphacool VPP655 - G1/4 IG incl. Attachment (Acetalversion), 1500l/ph, but on the flowmeter its only reading 180max, and thats on full speed,

can someone help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

maxokeeffe wrote: »
    i have just set up my water cooling unit with a flow meter.the pump is the Alphacool VPP655 - G1/4 IG incl. Attachment (Acetalversion), 1500l/ph, but on the flowmeter its only reading 180max, and thats on full speed,

can someone help

Most likely there is still alot of trapped air preventing the water to travel correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Could you post a picture of how exactly you have the loop set up?

If it's at full speed, the water should be running through the pump pretty quickly, about as fast as running tap water. If it looks like it's doing this then it's fine. If it was running that slow, you'd know something was wrong, and you wouldn't need the flow meter to tell you, believe me.

Edit: Also, this is the third thread you've made in as many days. You could have happily posted this in either of the other ones.

Serephucus wrote: »
    Could you post a picture of how exactly you have the loop set up?

If it's at full speed, the water should be running through the pump pretty quickly, about as fast as running tap water. If it looks like it's doing this then it's fine. If it was running that slow, you'd know something was wrong, and you wouldn't need the flow meter to tell you, believe me.

Edit: Also, this is the third thread you've made in as many days. You could have happily posted this in either of the other ones.

Just to add to this with that pump you should see in the top of the res the water is being sucked down and above the pump inlet would be alot shallower than the rest of the res if its working properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭maxokeeffe

deceit wrote: »
    Just to add to this with that pump you should see in the top of the res the water is being sucked down and above the pump inlet would be alot shallower than the rest of the res if its working properly.

here are pics mate, YWI0ZTJiOWM4NDIwMjEyZTY2OGRmYTYzMzNiOThlY2RQa57tkQvlYpW72OIqVg2_aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vZmRjMTA5ZDJhNGIzZDJiZmE3NzBlNTk4ZmY3M2ZlMTRjZmMzMGMyYmFmYTg3ODJhNjM3ZmY0ZWYwN2FiNzk1Ni5qcGd8fDQ1MHx8fHx8fHxodHRwOi8vd3d3LmFkdmVydHMuaWUvc3RhdGljL2kvbm9uZS1pbWFnZS5qcGd8.jpg

YWZhNWVlMzlkN2MzZWUyMTdlOWU5YzBiNDgyNTQzYmRTGokgS32LHs5pzEVGCtg2aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vOTc2YzVlNmNiY2MwZjUxZDQ2ODEzNTU2NmJkYWQ0MmFhZDM1N2Y5ODllODdiMDdlYTc5MmFjMjljNzZhYzJlYy5qcGd8fDQ1MHx8fHx8fHxodHRwOi8vd3d3LmFkdmVydHMuaWUvc3RhdGljL2kvbm9uZS1pbWFnZS5qcGd8.jpg

MjJmMzUxYTU4OTE5ZDFjNTI0NzgzODMxYTk1YWI0Y2ICAOTxMnGQpJ6GFl3EKqR3aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vOTM5ZmQ5OTU3NGE1YTYwMzI4NTVjMGUxOTk5YTA1ZTc3MTVhMmU3MDhkNjQ1NDBhMzcxM2I1NzI1MzFiYzQ5OS5qcGd8fDQ1MHx8fHx8fHxodHRwOi8vd3d3LmFkdmVydHMuaWUvc3RhdGljL2kvbm9uZS1pbWFnZS5qcGd8.jpg

I dunno about you, but I can barely see what's what with all the green **** in the way. I don't really care what your case looks like. I want to see how your loop is put together, so if you could take a shot with the CCFLs off, and the room lights on that would cool.

• Advertisement

I dunno about you, but I can barely see what's what with all the green **** in the way. I don't really care what your case looks like. I want to see how your loop is put together, so if you could take a shot with the CCFLs off, and the room lights on that would cool.

when i turn the cathodes off , its pitch dark even with the lights on

Surely you have a torch, or a phone with a light lying around? Or a camera with a flash?

Surely you have a torch, or a phone with a light lying around? Or a camera with a flash?

Said exactly the same to him earlier :).

deceit wrote: »
    Said exactly the same to him earlier :).

know there u go

MWE3MDkzOTQxYmJlMTJhY2M2ZGI5MWI1ODY0YTg5YmLpT273oHS1gX0_SNeWre1NaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vOGI2YTBmOGRmNmMxNTBlZDVhMTY2ZmZlNmE1Nzc0NGI5MGFlYzI3OGY0ZTQ1M2RjNTE5M2MyOWU1ODUzNGIzOS5qcGd8fDQ1MHx8fHx8fHxodHRwOi8vd3d3LmFkdmVydHMuaWUvc3RhdGljL2kvbm9uZS1pbWFnZS5qcGd8.jpg

ZDhkYWVlNjdjYmRlOGJlMWIyMjQ1YjE5NjhiNjkzNTk-xNzFL06OaF4CYVqYq23_aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vNjg1M2FhNjlmMjk3NzYzMTk0M2EwZmVlM2E0NDU3MDEyZTY4ODJhODMyZGFjZTA0ZjdjNjY0MmM3ZThjMmE5Ny5qcGd8fDQ1MHx8fHx8fHxodHRwOi8vd3d3LmFkdmVydHMuaWUvc3RhdGljL2kvbm9uZS1pbWFnZS5qcGd8.jpg

ZmRiODE3OGRlNjEwNzY4NjgyNDUyOTk0NzM2ZTk1YmNTUV9Mwvc1RBf0zp3HDBcYaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vOGMzYjgxOTY1ZGEzZGY0OTQzOTY1MzFlOWY3ZDVjMTU1YmY0ZTlmNDFhNzBhZmVlOTc1NDZkMDI4Y2RjZGY5NS5qcGd8fDQ1MHx8fHx8fHxodHRwOi8vd3d3LmFkdmVydHMuaWUvc3RhdGljL2kvbm9uZS1pbWFnZS5qcGd8.jpg

I still can't tell which way round your bloody pump is. :P Try and get a close up of it if you can. Or just draw a picture in Paint or something.

Oh, I've just noticed: MUCHOS overkill on your PSU. 700W is more than enough. (You'll thank me when you see your ESB bill)

Assuming you haven't made a very n00bish mistake and stuck things the wrong way round in the pump, it should work fine.

• Advertisement

I still can't tell which way round your bloody pump is. :P Try and get a close up of it if you can. Or just draw a picture in Paint or something.

Oh, I've just noticed: MUCHOS overkill on your PSU. 700W is more than enough. (You'll thank me when you see your ESB bill)

Assuming you haven't made a very n00bish mistake and stuck things the wrong way round in the pump, it should work fine.

Sure mate if I had it the wrong way. Would I be right in saying it wouldn't work at all. ??

With a D5, yeah. It can only be mounted certain ways.

With a D5, yeah. It can only be mounted certain ways.

matehere is a pics of how i have the tubes conneted to the pump

NjA0NzFkZGViMTE0OGEyZDJiMjhjNjFhYmNkYmVmY2JFWrqFt0buZAdHPwWMAPKLaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vZWJmZDc1OTU5Njc1ZGNjMjYzM2VlNDI1OTljZGNiNzI3ODRhMjI2Mzg3ZDY1NjU5ZmE2MTk4MDc3MTliMWY3NC5qcGd8NjAwfHx8fHx8fHxodHRwOi8vd3d3LmFkdmVydHMuaWUvc3RhdGljL2kvbm9uZS1pbWFnZS5qcGd8.jpg

What way is the pump sitting in the case? Like that, or on it's back, or what?

matehere is a pics of how i have the tubes conneted to the pump

NjA0NzFkZGViMTE0OGEyZDJiMjhjNjFhYmNkYmVmY2JFWrqFt0buZAdHPwWMAPKLaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vZWJmZDc1OTU5Njc1ZGNjMjYzM2VlNDI1OTljZGNiNzI3ODRhMjI2Mzg3ZDY1NjU5ZmE2MTk4MDc3MTliMWY3NC5qcGd8NjAwfHx8fHx8fHxodHRwOi8vd3d3LmFkdmVydHMuaWUvc3RhdGljL2kvbm9uZS1pbWFnZS5qcGd8.jpg

With the res connecting to the inlet like that all is fine, it doesnt really matter what way any other components are considering the output of this pump.
    Btw if your going to downgrade the psu as its wasted in that machine I would be interested in it for my wip machine.

What way is the pump sitting in the case? Like that, or on it's back, or what?

its like that mate , just flat

Are you sure your flow meter is measuring in the right units?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

i thought you were selling this rig?

Are you sure your flow meter is measuring in the right units?

well its just on l/ph mate, i dont know what else i could put it on

Wait wait wait wait. Have you turned the computer on at all? What are the CPU temps?

• Advertisement

Wait wait wait wait. Have you turned the computer on at all? What are the CPU temps?

current at 4.2ghz core temps are

24c/33 - 29/30c - 19/29c - 23/35c - 24/33c - 26/35c

theyare the current idle temps

They look fine. Run IBT for a half hour (on Max), then post.

@ Tea Bag: You noticed that? Three times now...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

The stated flow rate on the pump is what its capable of moving when its just the pump. When you add a closed system with blocks, rads and res's you add a large amount of flow resistance. Your not going to get stated flow out of the pump then. Its been a long time since I did any wc but the pace of the water generally ends up slightly slower then the speed of a open tap.

They look fine. Run IBT for a half hour (on Max), then post.

@ Tea Bag: You noticed that? Three times now...
    Its also gone up €800 :eek:

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    Its also gone up €800 :eek:

yes mate, as another 1100e has gone into it

... And it's gone again!

... And it's gone again!

only had it up mate to use the url address

i dont understand, why are you pumping ;) money into a rig that you're trying to sell?:confused:

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    i dont understand, why are you pumping ;) money into a rig that you're trying to sell?:confused:

I enjoy it mate. Plus I'd never get the money I spent on this machine if I sold it.

• Advertisement

You didn't answer the question. You answered the question of why you build systems, not why you're building - an constantly asking advice - on a system you've posted for sale three or four times.

Advertisement