Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

video lag

Options
  • 05-11-2011 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭

hi all
    sometimes when im streaming a video on putlocker and especial youtube at high quality
    the video jumppss...
    espescially when people are moveing fast in it....
    the video would have buffered a good bit ahead so what the deal here lads is it that the processor isent up to it. if so why is it only sometimes

here the figures on my netbook
    eee pc 900http://goo.gl/fGJXZ
    ubuntu 11.10
    no modification except OS

Thanks in Advances
    Barry

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

bpb101 wrote: »
    hi all
    sometimes when im streaming a video on putlocker and especial youtube at high quality
    the video jumppss...
    espescially when people are moveing fast in it....
    the video would have buffered a good bit ahead so what the deal here lads is it that the processor isent up to it. if so why is it only sometimes

here the figures on my netbook
    eee pc 900http://goo.gl/fGJXZ
    ubuntu 11.10
    no modification except OS

Thanks in Advances
    Barry

More RAM may help, but the integrated CPU and GPU may be the bottleneck here! Certainly streaming HD on a netbook your bound to run into problems, try stick to standard definition, or throw a 2/4 gig memory module in

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

yoyo wrote: »
    More RAM may help, but the integrated CPU and GPU may be the bottleneck here! Certainly streaming HD on a netbook your bound to run into problems, try stick to standard definition, or throw a 2/4 gig memory module in

Nick
    hey nick cant change the qualily on putlocker and i never use youtube in hd
    im changing the netbook soon so it wouldn't be wroth updating the ram

what is the deal on a usb graphics cards that i recently heard...
    also it is one of the first netbooks so it would be low enough quality

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

bpb101 wrote: »
    hey nick cant change the qualily on putlocker and i never use youtube in hd
    im changing the netbook soon so it wouldn't be wroth updating the ram

what is the deal on a usb graphics cards that i recently heard...
    also it is one of the first netbooks so it would be low enough quality

It could well be the device just isn't up to video playback, the amazon spec page lists the CPU as being Intel 900Mhz which is low but not knowing what actual CPU there talking about makes it hard to know what its like (it could be a Celeron which are a very poor CPU-Intels bottom of the barrel chips).
    USB graphics cards, remember reading about that years ago, and tbh USB 2.0 as a connector is such low bandwidth that for video processing I doubt would be much use, I havn't heard of any successful USB video cards (or any for that matter!) on the market

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

i only heard of usb graphics just the other week and a though it was a great idea but that it would be unseccesful
    however it an intel atom(they say an intel mobile but i always thought the sticker on it atom)... it not great but as ive said it nearly 4 years old i think so i have it a good while

Advertisement