Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best case for ~€70?

Options
  • 05-11-2011 7:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

I've been looking around for cases to top off my build, and alot of them seem to have certain qualities I want, and lack others I want. I was looking at both the HAF 912 and CM 690 II Advanced, but neither of them have a side panel window, and I heard the drive bays don't absorb vibration well on CoolerMaster cases.

What would you guys recommend?

The HAF 912:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQn-8_MpjjNtRML5CqUfX0ppmbUOjz1jzhz7VxgaGnUgfcMlF8M

The CM 690 II Advanced:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6JL3-XKkD5XgDhT2HFpiqVlyJVp3EYj31PYxvdupcFyjIIZ0m4A

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭DermotOH

I'll be getting 400R when I put my build together,

http://www3.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=48719&agid=631

Bit over budget but its been getting great reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

I've been looking around for cases to top off my build, and alot of them seem to have certain qualities I want, and lack others I want. I was looking at both the HAF 912 and CM 690 II Advanced, but neither of them have a side panel window, and I heard the drive bays don't absorb vibration well on CoolerMaster cases.

What would you guys recommend?

The HAF 912:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQn-8_MpjjNtRML5CqUfX0ppmbUOjz1jzhz7VxgaGnUgfcMlF8M

The CM 690 II Advanced:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6JL3-XKkD5XgDhT2HFpiqVlyJVp3EYj31PYxvdupcFyjIIZ0m4A

Just to point out I would be very suprised if you would get a 690 II advanced for 70, only 690 II I could see for that price is the lite version

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 ChimpyGamer

deceit wrote: »
    Just to point out I would be very suprised if you would get a 690 II advanced for 70, only 690 II I could see for that price is the lite version

Ah yeah, it is the LITE version :o My bad haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

Hi there, I recently got the HAF 912 Plus.
    Have to say, it is fantastic.

Decent size (Have a big CPU cooler and two graphics card in it).
    You've most likely read the specs already but:
    Having the hard drive bays movable and removable is awesome.
    The packaging/screws/accesories it comes with were great. Easy to slide your hard drives in and out.
    Cutouts on the backside mean you can thread your cabling through to hide them/help airflow.
    The fans it comes with are great, although it would have been great if it came with some on top too.

Haven't had any problems with mine so far.
    Got mine from Komplett for under 60 euro, think they are even cheaper on overclockers.co.uk at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 ChimpyGamer

Shy_Dave! wrote: »
    Hi there, I recently got the HAF 912 Plus.
    Have to say, it is fantastic.

Decent size (Have a big CPU cooler and two graphics card in it).
    You've most likely read the specs already but:
    Having the hard drive bays movable and removable is awesome.
    The packaging/screws/accesories it comes with were great. Easy to slide your hard drives in and out.
    Cutouts on the backside mean you can thread your cabling through to hide them/help airflow.
    The fans it comes with are great, although it would have been great if it came with some on top too.

Haven't had any problems with mine so far.
    Got mine from Komplett for under 60 euro, think they are even cheaper on overclockers.co.uk at the moment.

Thanks,
    The HAF 912 seems to be the best, although having to cough up another 20 quid for a window does seem to be a bit of the drawback. I may have to splurge and buy the 922 w/ the window :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement