Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Levelling floor for tiles

• 05-11-2011 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

I'm having big problems levelling a floor in my extension where the new part hits the original floor there is a difference of 25mm. Dont know what way to go about bringing the new floor up 25mmm the area altogether that needs to be raised is 8 square metres.
    Got levelling compound 2day its called bondmaster and can be levelled up to 50mm id say it would work grand for the job problem is the price of it 28euros per bag gave the local hardware the story and they thought it would take 3 bags(which i got today) Reading the instructions on the back i make out i need around 13 bags and at 28euro it wud be far too expensive. Would i be able to sheet floor with 18mm ply and then self level it or is this unheard off anybody any experience in this field as I'm getting it hard to find the right solution thanks in advance for any replies (Floor is being tiled)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

The only way to level this floor is use continous layers. It will take a lot of work and cannot be done in one level. However if it were me i would look at leveling it halfway and useing 12m wbp. You will really need a professional in to do this. I would not be attempting it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭toshy321

Dont know joey im a chippy myself so I wud be fairly confident going about the job if I knew the best method to go for, cheers for the reply.

Advertisement