Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burglaries Ballyglunin

Options
  • 05-11-2011 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭

Be aware folks... House burglaries in Athenry/Ballyglunin/Tuam

I was broken into 2 nights ago in Ballyglunin. They were in the process of ransacking the house at around midnight when I returned, but I must have disturbed them as they took nothing, except my spare car keys... From the looks of it, and what the police have told me, they were after money/gold. They were reported driving into peoples' gardens and beeping the horn, when they got a reaction from 2 places, they sped off. Police have told me they were in a LH (louth) registered car, and 2 people actually gave the same reg...When the police checked this reg it was from a stolen truck, so the car is possibly stolen too. Car is reported to be like a volvo/avensis. Scene of the crime told me, the other place he had been to, the morning he came to my house, had the exact same method used to break in- a crow bar forced pvc window in the back of the house.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭westliferule

Our house got broken into in Celbridge on Wednesday night the alarm went off about half two my mother came downstairs she just assumed it was a false alarm as our alarm often goes off and theres nobody there. This night was diffrent she turned off the alram and was passing the windownshe seen two guys with hoddies walking past she took no notice than she went into the kitchen and found the back door was wide open they had broken the lock. She quickly ran the guards and looked around the place thankfully nothing was taking. The guards came took the details and went.
    I am not trying to scare anyone just want to tell people that live in Celbridge to make sure there alarms are on the doors are locked. Im still a little freaked by it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

It's unlikely that many people in Cellbridge will be reading the Galway County forum though. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭iwsf

2 lads in a large grey van were seen driving arround at very slow pace early this morning in the Ballyglunin area. Our neighbour went out of the house and they took off at high speed.
    I doubt it was Santa checking if the chimneys are clean.
    I will keep the kennel's door open at night from now on :p

Advertisement