Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two kindles in the house

• 05-11-2011 9:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭

I got a kindle last month . the one with the keyboard and wi fi . Delighted with it . Son has arrived in now with another one. I think it may be newer than mine. Slightly smaller and the keypad is built into the screen through the menu button.
    My query is this. Can we share / transfer books to each other ?
    He bought his in PC world €109

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

download the calibre ebook manager onto a pc and you can do pretty much what you like with them and even free yourself from the clutches of the amazon kindle store. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I got a kindle last month . the one with the keyboard and wi fi . Delighted with it . Son has arrived in now with another one. I think it may be newer than mine. Slightly smaller and the keypad is built into the screen through the menu button.
    My query is this. Can we share / transfer books to each other ?
    He bought his in PC world €109

Yes you can, go to your amazon account and add his account :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

vibe666 wrote: »
    download the calibre ebook manager onto a pc and you can do pretty much what you like with them and even free yourself from the clutches of the amazon kindle store. :)

Personally I prefer buying from the amazon kindle store, find it much easier to use :)

angel01 wrote: »
    Personally I prefer buying from the amazon kindle store, find it much easier to use :)
    there's plenty of choice out there, restricting yourself to just using amazon seems like a waste, particularly given all the free ebook resources online.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

vibe666 wrote: »
    there's plenty of choice out there, restricting yourself to just using amazon seems like a waste, particularly given all the free ebook resources online.

Once your able to link your reader to the pc/laptop, there is no problem putting any books on it from any bookseller as long as they are in one of the many formats it can read and display.

• Advertisement

Biggins wrote: »
    Once your able to link your reader to the pc/laptop, there is no problem putting any books on it from any bookseller as long as they are in one of the many formats it can read and display.
    eggsackary, and you can still use the amazon kindle store as well, so you're not missing out on anything at all, just giving yourself more choice.

Advertisement