Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best barbers in Dublin vs price

Options
  • 05-11-2011 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Hi

I usually go the the Grafton barbers in Arnotts, I always get a great haircut & service but at 22 euro its a bit pricey.
    What I'm wondering is whats your best city centre or near by barber that does'nt cost so much thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

JR79 wrote: »
    Hi

I usually go the the Grafton barbers in Arnotts, I always get a great haircut & service but at 22 euro its a bit pricey.
    What I'm wondering is whats your best city centre or near by barber that does'nt cost so much thanks.
    I got my hair cut there a few weeks ago and I'm pretty sure it was €18 for a wash-and-cut.

Definitely the best barbers I've come across in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭JR79

Ya they are the best really, but I was there about a month ago it was 22, if it has gone down to 18 though that is better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

22 for a gents haircut, are ye mad? I get mine done locally for a tenner, and they certainly do a fine job of my head! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Sam's on Lower Ormond Quay are the best in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

throwing money away payin 22 euro for a haircut,that is madness,did nobody tell the barbers in the city centre that we are in a recession!!

i went into a local barbers few months back as my razor broke,he gave me a 0 all over and charged me 7 euro

hearing stories of 22 euro makes me realise how much money i save by buying a 25 euro razor and doin it meself all the time :) you should do the same

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,541 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

7 quid dry cut on Qamden St. all day everyday. Turkish dude gives it the full whack of attention.

22 quid?! Should have had him examine your head while he was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭EarlyStorms

If you want a proper haircut go to the Waldorf on Westmoreland st. It's a proper old skool barber shop great place and great haircuts. Its 18e for a cut but well worth it.

If you're just after a short back and sides with a razor well then you can get that anywhere for cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

I dont mind paying a bit extra for a haircut as I get really particular with how I want it cut. If I just wanted a blade cut I would go to a cheap barbers.

I go to the Bedford Stuy. Its €19.50 for a wash and cut but they are brilliant there. Take their time with the cut and actually listen to how you want it styled.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

Price is irrelevant if you find a good barber. and by irrelevance I mean; my barber (small shop beside the old ice rink in phibsboro) is excellent and always only a tenner for a dry cut.

Saying you'd prefer to pay a bit more to get a better cut just means you haven't found the right barber. I use to go to a place in town, €19 everytime. Over a year ago I decided to stop and went to several different barbers and rated them on cut, price, experience and my barber above was the clear winner for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Hamiltonion

The Drury Barbers on Drury st (runs parallel between South William and Georges)

It's E12 midweek for a student, iirc it's E15 otherwise, nice old school barbers ran by two gents and never rushed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭fullback4glin

humberklog wrote: »
    7 quid dry cut on Qamden St. all day everyday. Turkish dude gives it the full whack of attention.

22 quid?! Should have had him examine your head while he was there.

I presume you mean Camden st.?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

If you want a proper haircut go to the Waldorf on Westmoreland st. It's a proper old skool barber shop great place and great haircuts. Its 18e for a cut but well worth it.

If you're just after a short back and sides with a razor well then you can get that anywhere for cheap.

Off topic a little but I was in there once to organise an event (random but we wanted a shaving demonstration) and I'd never been in there before (being a girl and all) but OH MY GOD that place is so cool. It smells amazing, and it was probably the only time in my life I wished I was a guy!!!

I also know it's where my best mate goes for a treat to get his hair cut and a shave when he's in Dublin...

Advertisement