Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am i getting the right eircom Speed (Please Help)

Options
  • 05-11-2011 9:35pm

when i am downloading the max speed i get is 1.64mb/s
    but i am on NGB 24mb Broadband

i did a speed test and my download speed is 13.39 mb/s and my upload speed is 0.62mb/s

i tired my router all over my house and the mazx download is 1.64mb/s

i dunno what to think or do or who is right i rang eircom and one guy said that i should be getting between 10mb/s - 12mb/s but then hung up on me :rolleyes: im not surprised in this day and age no-one cares anymore.

so i rang back again i spoke to someome else and they said my interent speed is fine and what my speed is on the eircom speed test divide by 8 and that what i should be getting , so i said ok and we left it at that.

i rang on last time 3rd time the charm and all that and this time :eek: the eircom guy said that im not getting full speed between 10-12mb/s and that i should go down to 8mb broadband and that id still havent unlimited download capped at 250gb and still get the high speed im only getting 1.64mb/s

i have no idea what to think or do LOL so i came here

3 different employees told me 3 different things :eek: MY GOD LOL XD

Help
    Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Google the difference between MegaBytes and Megabits. Communications technologies are rated in terms of bits whereas when you download a file your browser is referencing it in terms of bytes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

tajd wrote: »

i did a speed test and my download speed is 13.39 mb/s and my upload speed is 0.62mb/s

i dunno what to think or do or who is right i rang eircom and one guy said that i should be getting between 10mb/s - 12mb/s but then hung up on me :rolleyes: im not surprised in this day and age no-one cares anymore.

so i rang back again i spoke to someome else and they said my interent speed is fine and what my speed is on the eircom speed test divide by 8 and that what i should be getting , so i said ok and we left it at that.

i rang on last time 3rd time the charm and all that and this time :eek: the eircom guy said that im not getting full speed between 10-12mb/s and that i should go down to 8mb broadband and that id still havent unlimited download capped at 250gb and still get the high speed im only getting 1.64mb/s

Help
    Thank you

Hi tajd,

Can you private message me with your telephone number and I can check that out for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

tajd wrote: »

Help
    Thank you

Hi tajd,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you. I haven monitored your sync / speed over the last few days and the DSL has been seady at 15858kbps Roughly 16MB.

That is the max speed on your line has a maximum bandwith of "up to 17MB". Can I confirm when you say "1.6MB" do you mean under 2MB download?

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement