Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holiday in Oz for 5 weeks. Spending money?

Options
  • 05-11-2011 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭

My wife and I are heading to Oz at Xmas for 5 weeks. We have paid off our flights. Staying in sydney with mates until new years. Going to fly to brisbane, camper van up the coast and then fly to melbourne.Gonna go to ayrs rock and then back to sydney. We are just wondering roughly how much money would we need.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Princess_N

Depends on how much you drink lol. Things are pretty expensive here,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

You'll need a lot :)

Make sure to visit Kata Tjuta (The Olgas) and Kings Canyon. There's more to the centre than Uluru (Ayers Rock). In my opinion they are actually more beautiful.

Don't fly all that distance if you only plan on seeing the rock. As beautiful as the rock is, it's not worth a flight in from Melbourne, and then out to Sydney just for that alone. There's plenty to see in the centre and you could dedicate a week to it.

- Uluru
    - Kata Tjuta
    - Kings Canyon
    - Alice Springs
    - West MacDonnell Ranges.

Unfortunately with just 5 weeks your time is limited and you can't see everything. Focus on one area I'd say rather than trying to do a whistle stop tour of the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Ericconeally

Realistically you would need around $200 a day. Which is $1400 per week. Which is $7000 per person for 5 weeks or $14,000 for both of you.
    Hope you have a nice trip :)

Advertisement