Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much study?

• 05-11-2011 10:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,745 ✭✭✭

Im doing mostly honours, Irish and French along with any other foreign language can go to hell. Maths seems to be going grand, Phys/Chem, Business, History too. English is'nt too bad but me and the teacher have frequent personality clashes and i havent done of her homework all year. Even though i do grand in all my tests without ANY study whatsoever, how much study do i really need to do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭Mr.Fun

What do you mean by "GRAND"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

It depends what kind of results you're going for. It's also not just about how much time you spend studying but how effective it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Mrs. T

Irish and French along with any other foreign language can go to hell.?

What do you mean by this?? If you want to go to an N.U.I. and possibly Trinity and U.C.D. you will need both Irish and French at ordinary level. If you want to go to D.C.U. or an I.T. you will need to pass one of them at ordinary level.

Do you have any idea what you might like to do when you finish??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Mrs. T wrote: »
    What do you mean by this?? If you want to go to an N.U.I. and possibly Trinity and U.C.D. you will need both Irish and French at ordinary level. If you want to go to D.C.U. or an I.T. you will need to pass one of them at ordinary level.

Most IT's don't recquire a third language, in most cases!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Neodymium

Mrs. T wrote: »

A third language is not required if you want to do any science or engineering degree in any university or college.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Mrs. T

I must be mistaken

http://www.nui.ie/college/entry-requirements.asp

Also, you need English and Irish or French for I.T.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,745 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Computer Science in Trinity is the goal. By grand i mean i understand everything and it just needs to be lodged in the brain in time for june. I i out my mind to it i can remember anything i want so how effective my study is doesnt really matter. All i want to know really is how much, not what or quality, study (excludin homework obviously) would you do during the week and at weekends??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭Mr.Fun

21 hours a week will do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭D500B

just start firing into past questions as early as possible. if you are scoring well in them go have some beers. If you are struggling - do some more study.

Just keeping on giving yourself the same lenght of time to answer a question as you will have in an exam - eg you don;t need to do an entire paper in one go, but if you are doing a 20 mark Q in a 3 hour paper give yourself 36 mins

Advertisement