Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghost apartment/office blocks

Options
  • 05-11-2011 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking to rent an unfinished apartment/office block. Does anyone know of any places like this in the Dublin area? Plastered buildings would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Not my intention to come across as smart or anything like that but to me your question does seem somewhat vague. Certainly on the face of it I don't see any reason why somebody would want to go to the hassle and cost of second fit involved in renting an unfinished apartment, not when theres a glut of finished ones available to rent. I might be missing something though.

Would the apartment be for commercial or residential purposes? If for commercial purposes I don't think it would generally reflect too well if clients were to visit what most likely is an unfinished building site. Again if for residential purposes the infrastructure most likely will be missing or unfinished, temporary road surfaces, no street lighting, possible hazards such as open sewerage systems, possible anti social behavior etc.

As I say I don't intend to come across as smart or condescending if thats the way it seems. Its just I think a little further clarification is needed before people can attempt to answer your question

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mrpeech

The building will be used as a location for a music video, so in a sense it is commercial but perhaps a little different than the purpose you had envisaged. I'm looking for rooms similar to what you would find in modern art galleries. Plain industrial looking spaces that are stark and bare.

Your question wasn't condescending perhaps more info was needed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Advertisement