Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strongman sessions?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 fridge90

i be interested in doin it help me get ready for the juniors this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

fridge90 wrote: »
    i be interested in doin it help me get ready for the juniors this year

Strongman juniors? Might go watch that. The chain drag last year was savage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 fridge90

ye it was i won dat event

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

Hoping to have a session this Sat morning at Santry. If you're interested, PM me. If An Post play ball, I'll have a truck-pulling harness with me to add to the fun. As with all the events, that's variable from a sled up to whatever people reckon they can manage, so anyone can give it a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭abceire

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭abceire

www.bhaf.ie
    01 4451285

Friendly peeps good fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

I might be needing this in the new year.

Hi all, I'm aiming to have a session on Friday morning in Santry and again on Tuesday to burn off the pudding, probably again in Santry, but open to alternative locations.

I'll have Farmer's Walk, the log, plus cables, handle, rope and truck-pulling harness for sled/car/van pulling/dragging/towing. Depending on who comes along, there may be heavier vehicles, a prowler and tyre flipping.

Drop me a PM if you're coming along.

Cheers,

KD.

Thanks again Kevin. Arm/elbow still in a jock.

squod wrote: »
    Thanks again Kevin. Arm/elbow still in a jock.

Right, truck pulling and one handed only deadlift for you. Hard luck man, hope that that clears up soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

Howaya folks, is this still goin ahead? I wouldnt mind tryin out a session or 2 if it is!

thehamo wrote: »
    Howaya folks, is this still goin ahead? I wouldnt mind tryin out a session or 2 if it is!

We'll get going again in the next couple of weeks alright. Keep an eye on the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭GASMANN

do you fancy it this weekend?

GASMANN wrote: »
    do you fancy it this weekend?

Count yourself lucky you're not getting the AH answer to that :pac:

Yeh, sound. I'll PM you. Can you bring your tyre?

I'll have the log, truck-pulling harness and FW.

Anyone else on? PM for details.

good session in santry yesterday, against the odds. There was only kevin duffy and myself on the day and we had no access to to the indoor track in morton stadium, so we had to improvise accordingly.
    We started recording times and reps on the various events that we were doing for ourselves and to give people who are interested in joining us an idea of whats going on.

we started with o/h log press for max reps with a 60kg log, 3 sets each after warm up
    kevinduffy = 12, 10, 12

gasmann = 14, 15, 15

then van pulls using a truck harness, the van we used weighs 2300kg including the bits and pieces in it + one of us had to sit in the cab to steer/break so in total we had 2400kg.
    the first run was over 25m
    kd = 21.76
    gm = 21.81

run 2+3 were @ 40m

kd = 36.92, 34.20
    gm = 34.24, 35.91

next up kevinduffy calls this a row/tow. a 10m battling rope tied to the back of the van and 2handels attached to the front. the van is 20m from the finish line and you start 10m behind (at the end of the rope). you row the van into you until you can touch the back door then run to the front grab the handels, facing the van and sprint across the finish line which is now 30m away.

phuking killer it is

3 runs again

kd = 1:02:02, 55:65, 56:49
    sm = 110:14, 53:59, 1:03:08

and that was that.

Hi all, there'll be a session this Sat. Most likely 1000 at Morton Stadium for Farmer's Walk, 5 x ascending one-hand DB press (30 to 50kg?) against the clock, truck pull (options likely to be from 1400 to 3700kg) and rowing&towing. Probably no log this week as I'll have passengers.

Venue andtime might change, so PM if you're joining rather than showing up on spec.

No FW for me. The rest sounds a blast. Count me in.

squod wrote: »
    No FW for me. The rest sounds a blast. Count me in.

Deadly. See you there. If the venue changes, I'll let you know. It won't move far if it does change.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Turbo_diesel

Hi all, there'll be a session this Sat. Most likely 1000 at Morton Stadium for Farmer's Walk, 5 x ascending one-hand DB press (30 to 50kg?) against the clock, truck pull (options likely to be from 1400 to 3700kg) and rowing&towing. Probably no log this week as I'll have passengers.

Venue andtime might change, so PM if you're joining rather than showing up on spec.

We will also have a prowler on the day for those interested in using this a conditioning session. Depending on the venue we may need extra weight if anyone wants to bring some extra plates :)

im allowed out on saturday, see you's there

• Advertisement

Nice one. And that means we have go on 3700kg truck pulling and all :D

Advertisement