Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pups

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

The breeder wants you to pay for the litters registration and have them chipped? Walk away.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭vanessamee

im sickned over it ah well look i wont be buying a pup for a long time again :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Suggestion!
    If she is making this ridiculous demand & you already have the pup, can you screenprint the ad with her address/phone number on it (assuming the ad was on the Internet) or take a clear photo of it showing her number. Ask her then to register the pup as advertised or else you will take a claim against her for misleading/ false advertising in the small claims court; the dog is not as advertised and she has broken the terms of the agreement. Tell her that you will also make z formal complaint against her to the Kennel Clyb for deception ( papers) , false advertising , & trying to get her to pay to register her litter; surley thus kind of emotional blackmail when a pup & kids are involved will count as a breech of expected code of conduct for iKC registered breeders. This may make them think twice.
    Of course after you've printed out the ad, & maybe gone to the house to discuss it again & taken a fee house & door number shots; you could advise her that you are going to report them to revenue and aak them to audit their business as their affairs do not seem to be in order.
    That might get a few heads spinning.

to be honest i dont really want to go fighting with them they wont listen,,,, or try to reason with me plus they have also changed the add to both parents are IKC reg but not puppies,,, and lily is a little sweet heart i couldnt part with her now plus my boys are crazy about her as i type she is in bed with my 2 boys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Hi : alls well so, you have your happy ending & that's nice .

You might consider telling this story to the kennel Club though ; they lied to you & tricked you & there's no doubt they ll trap & trick other people too. It would protect others from the same experience you' ve had.

best wishes & Enjoy your pup : )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

No doubt the poor bitch has been bred over and over again so they cannot register another litter with the IKC.
    This is why i wish people wouldnt rush in and buy puppies without any thought!!

Please make sure you get your pup microchipped yourself then.

I really would question if anything this breeder says is true, your pup might not have even been vaccinated either so make sure you get the vaccinations done as well.

she got mirco chipped this morn she was injected and wormed my vet contacted their vet today,,,,

Advertisement