Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports for toddlers?

Options
  • 05-11-2011 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone here knows of any sports clubs or activities that cater for toddlers? I particularly mean group activities rather than exercise itself. My lad is gone two and is a bit of a bruiser, loads of energy and gets lots of exercise just running about the yard, playing with the dogs, riding his trike etc. I'm not so concerned about him 'getting fit', it's more about interaction with other kids and learning about physical strengths and boundaries and maybe starting the whole idea of being part of a team. The GAA clubs don't seem to take children until they are 6, the athletics clubs take them at 4. Any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Have you tried Little Kickers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

That's exactly the sort of thing I was looking for, and there's even one within driving distance! Thanks Moonbeam!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 roymm

3 is too young to get indulged in sports. i would advice you to wait until he is 5 atleast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

roymm wrote: »
    3 is too young to get indulged in sports. i would advice you to wait until he is 5 atleast.

Can you explain why it is too young please ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 368 ✭✭Morph the Cat

Mine does Little Kickers & Gym Tots (gymnastics). It's great - she loves it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Look at the Little Gym in Dublin.

There's always parent and toddler swimming, Little Kickers has a rugby equivalent too.

You can do dancing from age 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

roymm wrote: »

Considering the question was asked in 2011 I'd say that Cat's question has been answered by now. Just as in Primary & Pre-School please do not drag up old thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement