Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hosted forums unfollowed by itself

Options
  • 06-11-2011 12:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭

I noticed earlier this evening that 2 forums (in Hosted cat) disappeared by themselves from my User CP. Added them again no problem though

EDIT: and all my thread subs/follows for the 2 forums disappeared as well.

EDIT 2: whenever i post in the threads in the fora, they're not being added to "my threads" either (even though it's set to add threads when i post in them), i have to manually add them. Weird :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Update: it just seems to be one of the two forums whose threads that i'm not being subscribed to. It's private, so will i PM the link to one of ye?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

You can post the link directly if you like, those users without permission won't be able to see the forum anyway :)

Right so, I've subbed to that forum - when are you being unsubscribed?

Can I get the link to the other forum you were magically unfollowed from? :)

Other forum: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1261

I was unsubbed from both fora on Saturday night (after i became the NUIG mod). I haven't been unsubbed again from the fora. But in the first forum i linked, any threads i post in, i have to manually follow them. In the second forum, i am subbed when i post.

• Advertisement

Thanks, I've got a starting point now so I'll see if I can find out what may have happened :)

Cheers Danny :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

It is probably the age old vBulletin bug which causes you to be unsubscribed from private fora when you change usergroup.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Yeah, I remember losing a few of these when I was moved to the mod user group.

ah right, at least it's a known bug so :)

what about not being subbed to threads from one of the forums? did ye experience that with this bug?

• Advertisement

Gentle bump...still not being subbed to threads in the f=1035 forum. it's only a minor annoyance anyway, i'm not too bothered by it if ye guys are too busy :) thanks

Hey,

I was very busy over the last while, and still am quite busy. However I've a little more time to spend running through existing issues for the next two days, your issue has been assigned to me so I'll get looking into it today or tomorrow and keep you informed :)

Danny

Ta very much, Danny...appreciate it :)

Just a quick update to confirm that the bug that nukes your private forum subscriptions happens when you change primary or additional usergroups. Now to find out why...

And following that, I'll check out your other issue

I think it must only happen with changing to the mod usergroup. I don't remember private fora subs being removed when i switched to the subscriber group back in July (?) for a period, if that helps

Tracking down this bug led me to a few little bugs in the Admin CP, it was a vicious cycle of bugfinding/fixing that I thought would never end :(

Nonetheless, the cycle did end and that bug was squashed. The changes will go live shortly, so this shouldn't be an issue for anybody else.

Are you still having issues subscribing to that forum you told me about?

When my sub to that forum was cleared, it got rid of all my subbed threads in that forum, but my User CP still thinks that i'm subbed to them so doesn't add it to "My Threads", so when i post in a thread i didn't post in before, it adds a sub.

jesus that's headwrecking...

I think i fixed it there by clearing all my subbed threads from my User CP. when i post in threads, it adds a sub now regardless. Reason for no problems with the other private forum was cos i had no subbed threads there. I had loads with the LPA forum.

So no trouble now :) thanks for all your help Danny.

When my sub to that forum was cleared, it got rid of all my subbed threads in that forum, but my User CP still thinks that i'm subbed to them so doesn't add it to "My Threads", so when i post in a thread i didn't post in before, it adds a sub.

jesus that's headwrecking...

I think i fixed it there by clearing all my subbed threads from my User CP. when i post in threads, it adds a sub now regardless. Reason for no problems with the other private forum was cos i had no subbed threads there. I had loads with the LPA forum.

So no trouble now :) thanks for all your help Danny.

You're very welcome. I've reproduced exactly what you said happens. When you're unsubbed from threads following a usergroup change and reply to them your subscription isn't re-added, but if you reply to a fresh thread you've never subbed to then it gets added.

Fear not, I'll get this bug too, looking forward to closing off this issue completely ;)

And all was well with subscriptions again :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement