Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12 - Mod Note 4153

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

First post. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Third post ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Someone can't count on this thread...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Hold on a second, this cup final stuff is nonsense. We have drawn with Sunderland, Man Utd, Norwich and Swansea at home. We should have beaten them all. But we didn't!

We created enough chances in all these games to win. The problem right now is we are not putting those chances away! Yet again today, we hit the woodwork!! Let's not hit panic buttons here. Today was sh!t. No doubt about it!

Oh, and Berba?? Your little theory on that we only show up for the big teams?? We certainly didn't show up against Spurs!! At least you're finally excepting reality!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭slingerz

Taking some of the overreaction out of today if Hendo was playing centre mid then castigating his performances would be fair game. To be fair he's been used wide right and he's not comfortable there but he is trying at least.

As for transfer fees there's a misconception that the player influences that or it's how the player should play. If that's the case no ones told Enrique

Should KK only add a goal scorer in January then Liverpool would pick up a load more points. The shame is Torres left for Chelsea without ever linking with Suarez or Carroll. As a trio they would offer the whole gambit of striking options.

As an aside I think Nathan Dyer could be a player with a bright future he looks very lively for Swansea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

7th post YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSA

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

slingerz wrote: »
    Taking some of the overreaction out of today if Hendo was playing centre mid then castigating his performances would be fair game. To be fair he's been used wide right and he's not comfortable there but he is trying at least.

As for transfer fees there's a misconception that the player influences that or it's how the player should play. If that's the case no ones told Enrique

Should KK only add a goal scorer in January then Liverpool would pick up a load more points. The shame is Torres left for Chelsea without ever linking with Suarez or Carroll. As a trio they would offer the whole gambit of striking options.

As an aside I think Nathan Dyer could be a player with a bright future he looks very lively for Swansea
    Have you seen Torres miss today, our situation with lack of goals would be exactly the same if he was still here. Hes not exactly on fire!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Not happy with drawing again at home against weaker teams but at least we have a break coming up to regroup and hopefully getting those 3points we need in games. Glad Henderson was taken off at ht ( a shockingly early sub for a change), he needs a break from the first 11. Too many players not up to scratch today. Enrique yet again was impressive. We seem to be hitting the bar too often this season, surely they will start going under the bar sooner rather than later.
    I would like to see Bellamy introduced earlier and maybe Maxi should start getting some game time. Things need a bit of refreshing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Completely agree!! It's not Carroll's fault he was bought for 35m. Forget the fee, he's a 22 year old kid who has been bought, not just for now, but the future. Just like Henderson!! We need to trust the management and give them time. Let them develop the squad. Give them time to grow! That means more than just this season and sh!tty results against the likes of Norwich and Swansea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

Have you seen Torres miss today, our situation with lack of goals would be exactly the same if he was still here. Hes not exactly on fire!

If Torres was still here I think its fair to say we'd have quiet a few more points. The draws at home to Norwich, Swansea, Sunderland and Utd could easily have become wins with a clinical finisher in the side

To dismiss him on the basis of a few missed chances for Chelsea is foolish IMO, particularly given his record for us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

tommyhaas wrote: »
    If Torres was still here I think its fair to say we'd have quiet a few more points. The draws at home to Norwich, Swansea, Sunderland and Utd could easily have become wins with a clinical finisher in the side

To dismiss him on the basis of a few missed chances for Chelsea is foolish IMO, particularly given his record for us

If Torres was knocking in the chances in a Liverpool shirt this season would it make our new signings better or still the same? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

daithijjj wrote: »
    If Torres was knocking in the chances in a Liverpool shirt this season would it make our new signings better or still the same? :p

If we were 8 points better off while playing poorly we'd be saying watch out when hit top form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

My god, another thread? We need to stop having debates lasting 600,000,000 pages. Just focus on the state of our team, which isn't great to be honest. We really need to start picking up the slack if we're going to go anywhere, especially at home.

Haha we might as well just shut down boards altogether then!

Still disgusted with that result, seems like we've been in a "transitional period" for years now. It's just tiring and so dissapointing at this stage. It seems like we're going absolutely nowhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

I just wish people would stop with the stupid excuses.

Last couple of seasons yes we had major excuses .

No more folks ... Let's start calling as we see it .

Mixednuts, while I'm not at all happy with the last few home games it's still pleasing to see us create so many chances.

It's finishing them that's not happening.

Norwich - 25 chances, 15 on target
    Swansea - 18 chances, 10 on target

Even the Utd game - 14 chances, 8 on target.

We've had 33 on target and only scored 3 times in the last three home games. That's very odd I think everyone will agree.

Plus, hitting the woodwork som many times this season doesn't help. We are due a day of fortune soon and tbh, I think we will hocky someone soon if we can score early and take it from there.

Fúck, I'm feeling positive today !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Well that is another £42 well spent, two in a row, we really need to start converting chances. I do not care that we are the team that hit the woodwork the most in the league or are the team that have most shots on target or are the team that have the striker with the most shots. Those stats are all stats for runner ups. We need top scorer, top assists etc etc.

Only a few points better off than we were at this stage last season, is Kenny that much better than Roy? Not really a debate for today, but pound for pound in the squad at the moment, probably not.

Well that is another £42 well spent, two in a row,.

Folks, we found the problem ! :D

Banned from home games !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Kenny out. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

3 league goals in 22 Premiership games says otherwise. Why do people constantly think of players only with their fondest memories of them. Torres was brilliant.

He ain't so good now.

To kind of pre-empt the response I'll get to this which is usually "class is permanent, form is temporary". Torres scored 20 goals in the league once in his career, that's form. Look at the entirety of his career for his class, which is a little bit less than that brilliant form.

3 league goals in 22 Premiership games says otherwise.

Why do people constantly think of players only with their fondest memories of them. Torres was brilliant.

He ain't so good now.

His record suggests otherwise. By and large, things haven't gone great for him since his move, however prior to his move his record in any given season was far better then our current number 9's.

I've had this discussion with you before, I maintained his poor form was down to a new system, new team mates, and the various other factors relating to his move, while you were adamant he'd just lost it. There's no point in having that discussion again

The point I was initially making was that had he still been here, its quiet likely that he could have converted one of the many chances missed at home to Utd, Norwich, Swansea or Sunderland

I'm not saying he would have been as clinical as he had been for us previously, but I still maintain he'd be an asset and could easily have turned draws into wins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

For chelsea,

Bellamy-Suarez

Maxi-Adam-Kuyt

Lucas.

Runners,hard workers,pace. All ready to overload the box when needed.

For chelsea,

Bellamy-Suarez

Maxi-Adam-Kuyt

Lucas.

Runners,hard workers,pace. All ready to overload the box when needed.

If Gerrard is fit he has to play imo.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Had some time to digest that. So will make a comment or two.

We so badly need that extra man in midfield. Perhaps it's just me, but it's screaming out whenever watching us this season It was so bloody frustrating when Carroll did get about the two Swansea CB's and laid off some good balls in and around the box with only Suarez anywhere near him with no one running from center to join the attack.

4-4-2 is a dinosaur formation. Some will say it can be flexible, and yes it can. But we are so damn rigid and predictable in our general play it's depressing, Suarez aside. Though he's at fault as well but that's a different issue and I'm not necessarily talking about the match yesterday. But back to my point, it's pointless playing it if you haven't got anybody breaking from midfield to support the attack. It's the simplest formation to play because you effectively have one sitting and one attacking. There's no point playing it if you have two deep lying midfielders in your side who are obviously outnumbered. I'm honestly dreading playing Chelsea and especially City coming up with the players they have.

Henderson for me, has to play with Adam and Lucas in midfield and NOT as a winger. I'm probably going against the grain here, but I like the lad.
    It was interesting when we had 3 in midfield against United finally very late into the 2nd half that it was too much to handle and we were unlucky not to grab a goal.

Second and last point will be brief, Downing wasn't bad yesterday. But his final ball was god awful. Bellamy for him was the move to make, not Carroll. Also 76 mins was it? :/ The Kuyt sub was spot on though in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭slingerz

Had some time to digest that. So will make a comment or two.

We so badly need that extra man in midfield. Perhaps it's just me, but it's screaming out whenever watching us this season It was so bloody frustrating when Carroll did get about the two Swansea CB's and laid off some good balls in and around the box with only Suarez anywhere near him with no one running from center to join the attack.

4-4-2 is a dinosaur formation. Some will say it can be flexible, and yes it can. But we are so damn rigid and predictable in our general play it's depressing, Suarez aside. Though he's at fault as well but that's a different issue and I'm not necessarily talking about the match yesterday. But back to my point, it's pointless playing it if you haven't got anybody breaking from midfield to support the attack. It's the simplest formation to play because you effectively have one sitting and one attacking. There's no point playing it if you have two deep lying midfielders in your side who are obviously outnumbered. I'm honestly dreading playing Chelsea and especially City coming up with the players they have.

Henderson for me, has to play with Adam and Lucas in midfield and NOT as a winger. I'm probably going against the grain here, but I like the lad.
    It was interesting when we had 3 in midfield against United finally very late into the 2nd half that it was too much to handle and we were unlucky not to grab a goal.

Second and last point will be brief, Downing wasn't bad yesterday. But his final ball was god awful. Bellamy for him was the move to make, not Carroll. Also 76 mins was it? :/ The Kuyt sub was spot on though in fairness though.

I think 4-3-3 is possibly the best formation for Liverpool and would give them more options it might mean Suarez is out wider than usual but it'd be worth a go

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

His record suggests otherwise. By and large, things haven't gone great for him since his move, however prior to his move his record in any given season was far better then our current number 9's.

I've had this discussion with you before, I maintained his poor form was down to a new system, new team mates, and the various other factors relating to his move, while you were adamant he'd just lost it. There's no point in having that discussion again

The point I was initially making was that had he still been here, its quiet likely that he could have converted one of the many chances missed at home to Utd, Norwich, Swansea or Sunderland

I'm not saying he would have been as clinical as he had been for us previously, but I still maintain he'd be an asset and could easily have turned draws into wins

It's all moot really.

He didn't want to be here so I don't see why we should be pining for him, particularly while he's still being crap.

I think 4-3-3 is possibly the best formation for Liverpool and would give them more options it might mean Suarez is out wider than usual but it'd be worth a go

Too narrow in the middle maybe?

Adam----Lucas----

Gerrard

Bellamy
    Suarez

Carroll

rarnes1 wrote: »
    If Gerrard is fit he has to play imo.

Can't see him being fit, tbh.

It's all moot really.

He didn't want to be here so I don't see why we should be pining for him, particularly while he's still being crap.

Agree, and I'm certainly not, I'm just disagreeing with a previous posters statement that he would make no difference were he still here

I like 4-3-3 as a formation because with the right players it is probably the most effective formation in terms of being very strong for both attacking and defending, but I just don't think we have the midfielders for the central trio right now, at least not for it to be effective on a regular basis.

Generally for that central trio to be a success you need a trio that are very very comfortable on the ball and capable of quick interplay between them to keep possession, or you need a trio that has some real steel as well as tempo setting abilities.

We certainly don't have a trio capable of that possession heavy style of midfield play, and right now we don't have genuine steel in the squad in any of our CMs.

Maybe come January we may buy one of two CMs that would allow us to play in that style, but for now I think the 4-2-3-1 would suit us better based on the squad we have. The one formation that we are weak with is a rigid 4-4-2, especially when we have a full squad to pick from as some players will get a place as long as they are fit, and not because they fit the formation the best.

• Advertisement

daithijjj wrote: »

They'd probably be having conversations on the Chelsea thread about why they wasted £22m on Mata when they could have had Downing for less :pac:

6316710687_67be6ac398.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Well that is another £42 well spent, two in a row, we really need to start converting chances. I do not care that we are the team that hit the woodwork the most in the league or are the team that have most shots on target or are the team that have the striker with the most shots. Those stats are all stats for runner ups. We need top scorer, top assists etc etc.

Only a few points better off than we were at this stage last season, is Kenny that much better than Roy? Not really a debate for today, but pound for pound in the squad at the moment, probably not.

It begins.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Too narrow in the middle maybe?

Adam----Lucas----

Gerrard

Bellamy
    Suarez

Carroll

Enrique and Johnson can than cover that flaw to a large extent especially in home games vs the likes of Swansea and Norwich. Bellamy would track back too. Suarez less so of course, and there is always Kuyt. Lucas it has always been noticeable gives so much support to the full backs in a game, namely the LB as well. Again, it's all about flexible formations anyway and adapting to situations. We did that last season but rarely seen that this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Crazy Horse 6

A few missed chances? The guy a couple of matches apart has been absolute gash for Chelsea and that's not an anti Torres bias but just a fact. I think he would have offered us little tbh over the last year. Anyway **** him we have moved on and let's hope we can find a goal poacher out there in the January window.

A few missed chances? The guy a couple of matches apart has been absolute gash for Chelsea and that's not an anti Torres bias but just a fact. I think he would have offered us little tbh over the last year. Anyway **** him we have moved on and let's hope we can find a goal poacher out there in the January window.

He wasn't absolute gash though immediately prior to leaving was he? I don't believe for a second that he just lost it over night.

I'm not trying to get into a discussion here on the merits of his sale or those of his replacement, just that in answer to a previous poster, I think he would have made a difference to the side this season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

The 'if Torres was still here' debate really is pointless. The player wanted to move, he did. Thats the end of it. Sur if Kenny was playing instead of managing we might have a few more points.

The reality is despite all the chances we have created we have been relatively poor in most of our home performances. Straight from half time yesterday everything was rushed. We have a relatively new team who are still settling in. Look at Utd yesterday, play poorly but still get the points. They have been doing it for years. That will come with experience

flahavaj wrote: »
    It begins.

Not on my watch. :mad:;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

monkey9 wrote: »
    Completely agree!! It's not Carroll's fault he was bought for 35m. Forget the fee, he's a 22 year old kid who has been bought, not just for now, but the future. Just like Henderson!! We need to trust the management and give them time. Let them develop the squad. Give them time to grow! That means more than just this season and sh!tty results against the likes of Norwich and Swansea!

While I agree that some players have been bought with an eye to the future, surely they have to be producing the goods in the present. Carroll and Henderson cost megabucks by any standards, their not just kids coming up through the youth system we can play here and there to nurture them for a season or two

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

surprised so many are speaking about posts..

im sick of posts...costin us points all over the shop!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭RayCon

It's finishing them that's not happening.

Norwich - 25 chances, 15 on target
    Swansea - 18 chances, 10 on target

Even the Utd game - 14 chances, 8 on target.

We've had 33 on target and only scored 3 times in the last three home games. That's very odd I think everyone will agree.

Plus, hitting the woodwork som many times this season doesn't help. !

Add to that we have a very poor return from corners ... with the exception of the Spurs and Arsenal games, we've won huge amounts of corners per game but did little with them ..

11 V's Swansea
    10 V's WBA
    10 V's Norwich
    8 V's Man Utd
    9 V's Everton
    7 V's Wolves
    1 V's Spurs *
    12 V Stoke
    12 V Bolton
    5 V Arsenal
    6 V Sunderland *

91 Corners so far ... how many goals scored from Corners ? Skirtels against Bolton ....... eh, can't think of another ?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Someone already said it but its time more people realised it. 4-4-2 is a dinosaur formation, there is no urgency in the team when its played. Its too "regimented" IMO. I think our attack should look something like this

Carroll
    Suarez
    Gerrard
    Kuyt
    Lucas----Adam

Downing and Henderson have done nothing to warrant a place in the starting 11 yet. Dirk has done nothing to warrant being dropped and its something i cant understand. If we were to go with something like this it means Suarez gets a free role to do whatever he likes(McManaman style), he isnt needed on the left due to the width that Enrique provides. With that trio running onto the balls that Carroll knocks down i could see us scoring a lot more goals. Lucas in the centre is a no-brainer, same goes for Adam. His vision alone means he should be a guaranteed starter because no other midfielder can provide us with that.

That leaves us with the option of bringing Bellamy, Maxi, Downing and Henderson off the bench. 3 potential match changers and Henderson(to replace Adam after 70 mins in most games). Its time we started dominating teams again, there is certainly enough attacking potential in the team when you look at the players posted aswell as Enrique and Johnson playing as fullbacks.

Melion wrote: »
    Someone already said it but its time more people realised it. 4-4-2 is a dinosaur formation, there is no urgency in the team when its played. Its too "regimented" IMO. I think our attack should look something like this

Carroll
    Suarez
    Gerrard
    Kuyt
    Lucas----Adam

Downing and Henderson have done nothing to warrant a place in the starting 11 yet. Dirk has done nothing to warrant being dropped and its something i cant understand. If we were to go with something like this it means Suarez gets a free role to do whatever he likes(McManaman style), he isnt needed on the left due to the width that Enrique provides. With that trio running onto the balls that Carroll knocks down i could see us scoring a lot more goals. Lucas in the centre is a no-brainer, same goes for Adam. His vision alone means he should be a guaranteed starter because no other midfielder can provide us with that.

That leaves us with the option of bringing Bellamy, Maxi, Downing and Henderson off the bench. 3 potential match changers and Henderson(to replace Adam after 70 mins in most games). Its time we started dominating teams again, there is certainly enough attacking potential in the team when you look at the players posted aswell as Enrique and Johnson playing as fullbacks.

No its not, it just needs good wingers and two good all round midfielders. City destroyed United 6-1 playing 4-4-2. Its far from outdated, you just have to have the right personnel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

No its not, it just needs good wingers and two good all round midfielders. City destroyed United 6-1 playing 4-4-2. Its far from outdated, you just have to have the right personnel.

Carroll
    Suarez
    Gerrard
    Kuyt
    Lucas----Adam

4-4-2 is not an outdated formation, we just dont have the players for it. First of all, Lucas and Adam is a poor central partnership. Secondly, Henderson offers no threat from the right and Downing has been unproductive on the left, for all his efforts. Lastly, Carroll has not been finishing chances and despite being touted as one of the best headers in the league, has offered little threat from crosses or corners.

It's got little to do with the formation and more to do with the personnel. We bought badly in the summer and Carroll was also a poor choice in January. I've been saying it all along but have been lambasted many times for being too negative, when in reality, I was just expressing an opinion which has been spot on thus far.

Goals after 11 games:

City - 39
    United - 28
    Chelsea - 24
    Spurs - 17 (2 games in hand)
    Newcastle - 17
    Liverpool - 14

Terrible return, just over a goal a game, despite already playing a number of newly promoted teams.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I cant remember but looking at the City 11 that day, it was a very unconventional 442 if thats true.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

We are 3 pts off 4th, LOL
    And have been so unlucky, Geez with a bit of luck we would be 3rd !
    Midfield did not function yesterday, Dunno why ,
    This time last year we were two pts out of relegation zone, It will click, hopefully soon,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/9154647.stm

I cant remember but looking at the City 11 that day, it was a very unconventional 442 if thats true.

Silva/Milner wide, Barry/Toure in midfield.

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2011/10/23/manchester-united-1-6-manchester-city-tactics/

Regardless, if you have the right players 442 per se is far from an outdated formation.

I think that regardless of formation, and ignoring the defence, Liverpool are still lacking in the centre of midfield and out wide.

In the centre there is no steel, no grit, and no metronome capable of changing tempo. The club simply does not have the players to provide these things on a regular basis over the course of a season.

Out wide we have looked like a team with one flank, the left one. The left flank regardless of whether it is Enrique/Downing, Enrique/Bellamy, or Enrique/Suarez always looks good with a combination from those four players. The only time the left flank has provided no threat at all was when Henderson was shipped out there and I blame the manager for putting the player there more than I blame the player on that one.

The right flank has been poor this season with one exception. That exception was when we put Bellamy on the left and Downing on the right with Kelly behind him. Kelly would be my first choice at RB and for the same reasons as why I wanted him there last season as well. He offers a decent level of threat/support when going forward, but offers excellent solidity in the position in defensive terms. Downing or Kuyt in front of him would be fine until we get a quality wide right player.

Henderson should be a sub for the time being. Let him cut his teeth coming on as cover for the CAM slot or even the RM slot when the team is doing well. That way he has less pressure on him, and because the team would benefit from not having him in from the start as more often than not he has been poor when started. People can argue about the positions he has played in, but poor is poor and it throws off the team. Ease him in slowly and he may perform better in time.

Kess73 wrote: »
    I think that regardless of formation, and ignoring the defence, Liverpool are still lacking in the centre of midfield and out wide.

In the centre there is no steel, no grit, and no metronome capable of changing tempo. The club simply does not have the players to provide these things on a regular basis over the course of a season.

Out wide we have looked like a team with one flank, the left one. The left flank regardless of whether it is Enrique/Downing, Enrique/Bellamy, or Enrique/Suarez always looks good with a combination from those four players. The only time the left flank has provided no threat at all was when Henderson was shipped out there and I blame the manager for putting the player there more than I blame the player on that one.

The right flank has been poor this season with one exception. That exception was when we put Bellamy on the left and Downing on the right with Kelly behind him. Kelly would be my first choice at RB and for the same reasons as why I wanted him there last season as well. He offers a decent level of threat/support when going forward, but offers excellent solidity in the position in defensive terms. Downing or Kuyt in front of him would be fine until we get a quality wide right player.

Henderson should be a sub for the time being. Let him cut his teeth coming on as cover for the CAM slot or even the RM slot when the team is doing well. That way he has less pressure on him, and because the team would benefit from not having him in from the start as more often than not he has been poor when started. People can argue about the positions he has played in, but poor is poor and it throws off the team. Ease him in slowly and he may perform better in time.

I saw ye linked with Huddlestone last week. I'd say you have an awful bulge in the pants.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

argosy2006 wrote: »
    We are 3 pts off 4th, LOL
    And have been so unlucky, Geez with a bit of luck we would be 3rd !
    Midfield did not function yesterday, Dunno why ,
    This time last year we were two pts out of relegation zone, It will click, hopefully soon,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/9154647.stm

In fairness, ye were only 3 points of 5th with a game in hand.

I already posted in the match thread;

First 11 PL games under Hodgson last season = 15 points

First 11 games under Dalglish this season = 19 points

If ye don't pick up any points in the next two games(Chelsea away and City at home) it will look worse.

Ye have definitely looked better this season in the games ye played despite some of the results but then again an awful lot more money has been spent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,104 ✭✭✭mada999

monkey9 wrote: »

the problem is we dont have time to wait and build.... the longer we are out of the top 4 the harder it will to get back in.... :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement