Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12 - Mod Note 4153

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

not sure if im able to post links here apologies if not but Suarez has started the game for Uruguay very well....he has almost scored one after getting by 2 players and hit the crossbar with a free kick.

Suarez just scored and has scored again 2 minutes later....grrrrr wish he would save his goals for Liverpool.

http://www.firstrowsports.tv/watch/91217/1/watch-uruguay-vs-chile.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Uruguay 2-0 at h/t Suarez with both goal.

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Uruguay are a better team!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

mike65 wrote: »
    Uruguay are a better team!

idiom...hit_the_nail_on_the_head.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Hat trick for Suarez, save some ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

scored 4 goals now!! he is on fire tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Taken off, uninjured, the 4th was a nice hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

All Suarez's goals are here. Foreign commentary though.

http://www.tv-lin.com/uruguay-vs-chile-4-0/2682/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,558 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

**** me...make sure he brings it into next week!

shyupah hadrick!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

98% of the time one touch and then pass... 80% of the time the ball is passed forward. A video both Henderson and Adam should study carefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Fair play to Luis on his four goal blitz tonight! left, right and two headers.. and they say hes not a finisher;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

You have to hand it to Carra he comes out with some gems at times
    Carragher also expressed a view on Pepe Reina having to settle for a place on the bench because of competition from Real Madrid's Iker Casillas and Barcelona's Victor Valdes.

He joked: "He's been part of them winning things, maybe that keeps him there. I always wind him up that he hasn't won the World Cup! He's singing and dancing like Josemi was in 2005. That's what I call him now, Josemi! [laughs]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Crazy Horse 6

I think saying Johnson is a good fullback is overrating him.

He's a good footballer but he's never been a good fullback.
    I don't agree with this at all. He would'nt be a full England International if he was'nt a good fullback. Capello,Benitez and Kenny seem to think he's good enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Crazy Horse 6

daithijjj wrote: »
    Taken off, uninjured, the 4th was a nice hit.

He's a rubbish finisher is'nt he.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Carragher also expressed a view on Pepe Reina having to settle for a place on the bench because of competition from Real Madrid's Iker Casillas and Barcelona's Victor Valdes.

He joked: "He's been part of them winning things, maybe that keeps him there. I always wind him up that he hasn't won the World Cup! He's singing and dancing like Josemi was in 2005. That's what I call him now, Josemi! [laughs]

That's a little insulting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

That's a little insulting

It's a joke, they're big boys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Poor Josemi .He has his medal though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

Rafa's going to be on Soccer Am in a bit

It's called banter

• Registered Users Posts: 5,286 ✭✭✭slingerz

Rafa on soccer am now and is coming across really well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

slingerz wrote: »
    Rafa on soccer am now and is coming across really well.

Still a wanker

Slattsy wrote: »
    Still a wanker

Excellent contribution, thanks for stopping by

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Still a wanker

Michael-What-the-office-10400786-400-226.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

Dean820 wrote: »

Got excited when I saw Ted DiBiase mentioned, but its the junior version. We could do with his dad on the LFC board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

rarnes1 wrote: »
    It's called banter

It's a joke about Reina.
    It's a dig at Josemi, that's a little unnecessary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Still a wanker

4jql1v.jpg

Still a wanker

rafa-euro-cup.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,049 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Rafa on sky sports news now, how some liverpool fans hate him and I know some that do genuinely hate him I can never unsterstand. He gave his heart and soul to the club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

niallo27 wrote: »
    Rafa on sky sports news now, how some liverpool fans hate him and I know some that do genuinely hate him I can never unsterstand. He gave his heart and soul to the club.

How can any Pool fan not love the man:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

How can any Pool fan not love the man:

Rafa gave me my first Liverpool Champions League Cup and nearly got another...I was too young for the ones in the 80s. For that he is and always be a legend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Really looking forward to watching Alonso this afternoon but I know afterwards I will have a heavy heart at the thought of him and what he would bring to our current squad :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Rafa is an absolute legend.

Any Liverpool fan that disagrees is a disgrace IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

Mr Alan wrote: »

An absolute legend that made us a midtable club.

bc45e9d8.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

You have to be a United fan.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

niallo27 wrote: »

Don't get it when any Liverpool supporter say they hate the man. Fair enough if people think that he had to go based on his final season, but also acknowledge the good he did at the club as well, but to outright hate the man is pretty sad.

The man led the club to it's first major trophy since the club won the league title last, and where Ged brought a sense of belief back to the club, Rafa brought back a level of expectancy that had not been felt for a long time.

In hindsight the man was unlucky in many ways. He did bring a lot onto himself, but it would have been interesting to say the least if the Rafa at the end of the 2008/09 season found himself working under our current owners and not the clowns that were there back then.

Getting rid of the man was the right move imho, but only if a better manager was going to replace him. What actually happened was we replaced him with a vastly inferior manager. We would have been better hanging onto him rather than replace him with what we did.

History will be kind to him though. He is in an elite group of managers who have won the European cup/Champions League, and I have no doubt as to how he is seen by the red half of the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭woysworld

Mr Alan wrote: »

If Rafa is a legend, then Paisley is a God....................

1977-1978.jpg.ashx?width=1000

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭woysworld

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

Haven't seen this linked to already: Guardian interview with Xabi Alonso

Some really interesting stuff in there:
    "I don't think tackling is a quality," he says. "It is a recurso, something you have to resort to, not a characteristic of your game. At Liverpool I used to read the matchday programme and you'd read an interview with a lad from the youth team. They'd ask: age, heroes, strong points, etc. He'd reply: 'Shooting and tackling'. I can't get into my head that football development would educate tackling as a quality, something to learn, to teach, a characteristic of your play. How can that be a way of seeing the game? I just don't understand football in those terms. Tackling is a [last] resort, and you will need it, but it isn't a quality to aspire to, a definition. It's hard to change because it's so rooted in the English football culture, but I don't understand it."

The tackle is perhaps the greatest expression of an English conception of the game – physical, epic, emotional. By definition, reactive. After every tournament knockout, some respond by moaning that England's players did not feel the shirt, that they lacked passion. Alonso admires the sentiment but does not share it. Spain's experience suggests other flaws; passion is a myth to be debunked. "Passion?" he says. "Of course it's necessary but it's more important to have footballing foundations, certainly when developing players. Passion isn't something you work on. It's more important to construct a good team, to know how you are going to play, how to read the match. You have to truly understand the game."

Less motivation, more preparation, then? "Yes," Alonso says. "And from youth level upwards. From a Spanish perspective, what matters is the ball – possession of it, knowing what to do with it and when. The identity is clear. Technique is vital and intelligence is fundamental. You need players who interpret the play, who can adapt and do not just have one concrete skill or characteristic."

woysworld wrote: »
    If Rafa is a legend, then Paisley is a God....................

1977-1978.jpg.ashx?width=1000

That goes without saying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Bellamy scored for Wales today against Norway and was MOTM.

Red jersey suits Villa :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hmmm Bellamy scores a peach, Suarez is literally on fire and Carroll isn't even in the squad for todays game. Kenny take the hint!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,328 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Feck sake all these players scoring this weekend at internationals. Leave some goals for nxt week V Chelsea, just know that guy is going to score for them :(

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »
    Hmmm Bellamy scores a peach, Suarez is literally on fire and Carroll isn't even in the squad for todays game. Kenny take the hint!

Also Bellamy is such an intelligent player .
    If he got a run of games beside Suarez I could see them becoming lethal .

Downings shoite form continued aswell during his cameo appearance for England .
    Really worrying and I think something's not adding up .

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

For those of you who didnt see Suarez's four................

mixednuts wrote: »
    Downings shoite form continued aswell during his cameo appearance for England .
    Really worrying and I think something's not adding up .

Downing, to £19m perhaps...?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,342 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Given the form they showed tonight I would love to see Bellamy and Suarez together - throw in Maxi aswell as a curve ball to shake the team up a bit. Downing needs a few splinters in his hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Given the form they showed tonight I would love to see Bellamy and Suarez together - throw in Maxi aswell as a curve ball to shake the team up a bit. Downing needs a few splinters in his hole.

Cant disagree with anything you have said there.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement