Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12 - Mod Note 4153

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

mike65 wrote: »
    Hmmm Bellamy scores a peach, Suarez is literally on fire and Carroll isn't even in the squad for todays game. Kenny take the hint!

That you Jamie? :D:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭cantgetright

Great goals by Suarez.. left foot, right foot, header and back/shoulder or neck for his 2nd. Good goal by Bellamy, scored plenty of that type for celtic. We havnt quite seen the best of him yet, hopefully he gets a bit more game time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

kop77 wrote: »
    For those of you who didnt see Suarez's four................

ffs that commentator. I didn't expect watching four Suarez goals could be so head wrecking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Mr Alan wrote: »
    The people running that club couldn't be any less classy if they tried.

I agree. However, what he has said is 100% correct but aye, someone in his position shouldn't be mouthing off like that.

Paully D wrote: »
    I agree. However, what he has said is 100% correct but aye, someone in his position shouldn't be mouthing off like that.

Carroll is now worth nothing? That's what he said, you think that's right?! :rolleyes:

Your posts have gone to the dogs recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

The-Rigger wrote: »
    lol, what a clown.
    Highly doubt we paid £35m up front.

But Carroll didn't cost £35m!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Oh really?, 6 weeks ago i thought you were a half decent poster but after your performance in the Merseyside derby thread............

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=74693835&postcount=217

"The Premier League is so much worse off with the likes of Suarez in it. He's a moaning little **** who goes down like he's been shot whenever he's tackled. Hopefully someone gives him a proper reason to go down ASAP."

I should probably have you on ignore with that other eegit who likes to stick his snout in from time to time and supports Spurs. Ye will make a great couple on my ignore list.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

Carroll is now worth nothing? That's what he said, you think that's right?! :rolleyes:

He said he's worth fook all, which is probably closer to his true value then what we paid

tommyhaas wrote: »
    He said he's worth fook all, which is probably closer to his true value then what we paid

No it's not. If Carroll was sold in the morning we'd get at least £20m for him.

I'm assuming he didn't mean Carroll is worth zero, just that relative to what we paid for him, he's worth fook all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭cantgetright

I would take the hand off someone if they offered £20m going on the last 10 months.

I think Carrolls been good in his last few games to be honest but it seems most people have made their mind up.

I actually think Carroll could become a hell of a player if he really wants it (he doesn't, IMO) but the way things have been going for him there's not a cat in hells chance you'd get £20m back for him if you sold him in the morning.

daithijjj wrote: »
    Oh really?, 6 weeks ago i thought you were a half decent poster but after your performance in the Merseyside derby thread............

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=74693835&postcount=217

"The Premier League is so much worse off with the likes of Suarez in it. He's a moaning little **** who goes down like he's been shot whenever he's tackled. Hopefully someone gives him a proper reason to go down ASAP."

I should probably have you on ignore with that other eegit who likes to stick his snout in from time to time and supports Spurs. Ye will make a great couple on my ignore list.

You're definitely not bothered though, are you? x

I think Carrolls been good in his last few games to be honest but it seems most people have made their mind up.

Most people's criticism has been centred on the decision to pay so much for him, as oppose to his ability or performances

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Reading that article, Lambias just sounds p!ssed!! An unbelievable thing to say for someone in his position!!

As for Carroll himself, i look upon him as a 22 year old player rather than a £35m player. He can't control club negotiations! The price tag dictates people's opinion of him.

It's not up to Carroll to justify the price tag. It's up to him to justify his place in the starting eleven!!

• Advertisement

You're definitely not bothered though, are you? x

Seriously, why do you hate Liverpool so much?? As a Sunderland fan, your hatred towards a club who has f*ck all to do with you is a bit bizarre.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Seriously, why do you hate Liverpool so much?? As a Sunderland fan, your hatred towards a club who has f*ck all to do with you is a bit bizarre.

I certainly don't hate Liverpool. I'll admit to absolutely hating Luis Suarez, and I also think Dalglish is getting away with murder which I question.

That's about it. As usual, anyone who says anything bad about Dalglish or a Liverpool player ''hates Liverpool'' though :rolleyes:

I certainly don't hate Liverpool. I'll admit to absolutely hating Luis Suarez, and I also think Dalglish is getting away with murder which I question.

That's about it. As usual, anyone who says anything bad about Dalglish or a Liverpool player ''hates Liverpool'' though :rolleyes:

Nah, you've been going on about Liverpool pre-King!! Dalglish getting away with murder?? In what way?? He's done a great job since he took over 10 months ago when Hodgson had us battling relegation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

monkey9 wrote: »
    Nah, you've been going on about Liverpool pre-King!! Dalglish getting away with murder?? In what way?? He's done a great job since he took over 10 months ago when Hodgson had us battling relegation.

I thought I read that Liverpool this season have just one point more this season than they did in the same period last season.
    Might be wrong, can't find it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I'll admit to absolutely hating Luis Suarez, and I also think Dalglish is getting away with murder which I question.

I can understand the Suarez bit, sure it's great to see bitter tears again, but Dalglish?

You've had it in for Dalglish since last season IIRC?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

He's killed someone? Suppose being a King allows you to commit certain misdemeanors and get away with it. Eating swan, killing someone... being a winner your entire career.

Hating Suarez though? Bit odd to hate a person that you have never met. Did he piss in your cornflakes one morning? Make sweet, angry South American love to your mother/father? Is it his smile?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQn9khAfxlk0WE4JVqf_-7-Q6obYT71AQ8jcQnrVKdnR-VtdZFK

His canny knack of goalscoring everywhere he's played?

Or the fact that he's a sublimely skilled player that makes chances out of nothing, is ridiculously enthusiastic when he plays and a player that could well be considered one of the worlds best in the next number of years that, like others, just happens to play act every now and again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,236 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

aaronh007 wrote: »
    He's killed someone? Suppose being a King allows you to commit certain misdemeanors and get away with it. Eating swan, killing someone... being a winner your entire career.

Hating Suarez though? Bit odd to hate a person that you have never met. Did he piss in your cornflakes one morning? Make sweet, angry South American love to your mother/father? Is it his smile?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQn9khAfxlk0WE4JVqf_-7-Q6obYT71AQ8jcQnrVKdnR-VtdZFK

His canny knack of goalscoring everywhere he's played?

Or the fact that he's a sublimely skilled player that makes chances out of nothing, is ridiculously enthusiastic when he plays and a player that could well be considered one of the worlds best in the next number of years that, like others, just happens to play act every in every single game he plays in?

*whistles innocently*

Quite frankly, i love the way everyone hates Suarez!! It just shows how good he is!! Bring on the hatred!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Sadly yes. Most seem to have forgotten that he is still young and have given him no time to adapt to playing for Liverpool. Some of our greatest players such as Rush took time to start producing but more importantly were given that time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Crazy Horse 6

So you "absolutely hate" Suarez. Classy dude, he's just a footballer. Grow up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Lol_Wut.jpg

• Advertisement

niallo27 wrote: »
    Rafa on sky sports news now, how some liverpool fans hate him and I know some that do genuinely hate him I can never unsterstand. He gave his heart and soul to the club.
    Believe you me we have some absolute tools who follow our club i'm afraid to say who bought into the whole anti Rafa xenophobic slant from the press.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭The Chessplayer

Off-the-record comments in the papers this morning from Newcastle's MD asked if Carroll was worth £35m:

"no he's worth **** all".

Couldn't we just have waited till summer? We knew we wouldn't qualify for the champions league anyway, so couldn't we have just made do with Suarez and Ngog?

Believe you me we have some absolute tools who follow our club i'm afraid to say who bought into the whole anti Rafa xenophobic slant from the press.

Rafa went off the rails in the last season and made an absolute mess of things in the end and left us with some shocking players. He could do with some time out of the game to regain his composure - his time at Inter was a farce.

Himself and Trap have a lot in common I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Really is something I think I will never get my head around .

The man has/had adapted his whole life in dedication to Liverpool FC .
    He brought the biggest club prize available to the club and nearly done it a second time .
    He brought us to the closest we ever came in the past 20years to winning the league , a points total that would have seen us champions any other season.

He got involved in all aspects of the club both on and off the pitch and has been an absolute credit to all .

And all this achieved whilst working under probably the two most obnoxious owners ever to grace the EPL .

His last season should just be wiped out of the history books and labeled under "circus" cause that's what the club was (not Rafa, the club ) during those last 18 months.

He had a well orchestrated media hate campaign running against him by G&H which seemed to have worked on the minority of numptys it was aimed at .

Rafael (Rafa) Benítez Maudes will and should go down as a LFC Legend .

Rafa went off the rails in the last season and made an absolute mess of things in the end and left us with some shocking players. He could do with some time out of the game to regain his composure - his time at Inter was a farce.

Himself and Trap have a lot in common I reckon.

Hehe good luck with a finding a bite.;)

mixednuts wrote: »
    Really is something I think I will never get my head around .

The man has/had adapted his whole life in dedication to Liverpool FC .
    He brought the biggest club prize available to the club and nearly done it a second time .
    He got involved in all aspects of the club both on and off the pitch and has been an absolute credit to all .

And all this achieved whilst working under probably the two most obnoxious owners ever to grace the EPL .

His last season should just be wiped out of the history books and labeled under "circus" cause that's what the club was (not Rafa, the club ) during those last 18 months.

He had a well orchestrated media hate campaign running against him by G&H which seemed to have worked on the minority of numptys it was aimed at .

People who love the club know what he did and will always hold the man in high regard. I could'nt be bothered argueing with the others they will see what they want.

People who love the club know what he did and will always hold the man in high regard. I could'nt be bothered argueing with the others they will see what they want.

I couldn't care less if you're bothered arguing or not. Benitez will always be held in high regard for the 2005 Champions League win, but throwing away the league, treatment of Keane, his stupid self-defeating Fergie rant, finishing 7th, Glen Johnson and a host of other really sh!t players left a bad taste in the mouth...not to mention his constant ranting about net-spend and attempts to get Gareth Barry and flog Alonso.

It's called telling it as it is... My comparison with Trap was just that they are both stubborn inflexible men.

I couldn't care less if you're bothered arguing or not. Benitez will always be held in high regard for the 2005 Champions League win, but throwing away the league, treatment of Keane, his stupid self-defeating Fergie rant, finishing 7th, Glen Johnson and a host of other really sh!t players left a bad taste in the mouth...not to mention his constant ranting about net-spend and attempts to get Gareth Barry and flog Alonso.

It's called telling it as it is... My comparison with Trap was just that they are both stubborn inflexible men.

I mean this is the most kindest possible terms .....

You haven't a fcuking clue .

I mean this is the most kindest possible terms .....

You haven't a fcuking clue .

I mean this in the most direct way possible...

You have absolutely no idea about Liverpool Football Club or football in general. You are a fan who sees everything through rose-tinted glasses. There is a perfect internet LFC forum for you and it's called redandwhitecop. Fans like you simply do not have the capacity to make a criticism of players or managers. Benitez was an employee, he is a professional and was there to do a job. Eventually he came up short....no doubt you will just blame that on your Rick Parry nonsense on some other cock and bull story.

Benitez is now touting himself for a top job in England but no one will touch him after the calamity that was his time at Inter. The man is deluded. As if his Fergie rant wasn't bad enough, but to do it AGAIN at Inter!!!

Wow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

THISGONBGUD.gif

You have absolutely no idea about Liverpool Football Club or football in general. You are a fan who sees everything through rose-tinted glasses. There is a perfect internet LFC forum for you and it's called redandwhitecop. Fans like you simply do not have the capacity to make a criticism of players or managers. Benitez was an employee, he is a professional and was there to do a job. Eventually he came up short....no doubt you will just blame that on your Rick Parry nonsense on some other cock and bull story.

Benitez is now touting himself for a top job in England but no one will touch him after the calamity that was his time at Inter. The man is deluded. As if his Fergie rant wasn't bad enough, but to do it AGAIN at Inter!!!

Good to see you have familiarised yourself with RAWK cause the last time you heard of it you thought it was "Internet-speak"
    :pac:

Oh and for somebody who accuses others of knowing fook all about a Club - yet you were the one wanting a synopsis on a report on Hillsborough because you could not be bothered to read it in full. Correct ain't I ?

Says it all really .

Checkmate !

Its kop, not cop. So anyway, who was it you were saying has absolutely no idea about LFC? :pac:

Its kop, not cop. So anyway, who was it you were saying has absolutely no idea about LFC? :pac:

That will be me Tommy

That will be me Tommy

Ah I know yea, just thought there was a hint of irony in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,049 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

No one said he was perfect, its just i cant understand the hate some liverpool fans have for him, he made mistakes of course he did, but its actual hate, they find it impossible to say anything good about the man.

As for throwing away the league, utd went on an incedible run that year after a poor start, they finished with 90pts one of the highest ever in premier league.

Rafa's so called rant, people say it cost liverpool the league but their record was better after the speech than before it. Also it has to be pointed out that gerrards court case was coming up and this speech took all the attention of our captain.

On the Keane situation, would you care if he wasnt irish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

:pac::pac: You'd do well to join fella, you might learn a couple of things.

:pac::pac: You'd do well to join fella, you might learn a couple of things.

I honestly can't read RAWK without cringing. Who the fook calls a thread Respect, Unity, Trust and Patience or Liverpool FC...Fearless...Ethos...The Spark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I honestly can't read RAWK without cringing. Who the fook calls a thread Respect, Unity, Trust and Patience or Liverpool FC...Fearless...Ethos...The Spark

The place is full of would be poets and frustrated authors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

Nearly spit tea all over my keyboard in laughter when I read this.

So true

RAWK is full of sanctamonious fools. Some fans go overboard on the criticism and hate but on RAWK it seems to work in reverse.

I saw one post describing Jay Spearing as a Liverpool legend the other day. He had nice boots apparently and opened some blokes local supermarket.

Another agreed and championed Lucas as better than Graeme Souness.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement