Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12 - Mod Note 4153

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,049 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I think people are being a bit harsh on rawk, it just got too big too quick and was unable to keep control, I was a member back around 2002 and it was a great forum. There have plenty of knobs on here as well it's just a lot smaller and lot better moderated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Luis Suarez has revealed his desire to remain at Liverpool for many years to come.

The Uruguay star has made a scintillating start to life on Merseyside and looks more than capable of carrying on the traditions of the club's famous No.7 shirt.

He admits he feels completely at home in England and believes it would be difficult to recreate his level of satisfaction anywhere else in the world.

Suarez said: "I've just started a phase of my career which I always dreamed about and wanted to do, which is to play for Liverpool.

"I have five years left on my contract and I think beyond that, I'm already thinking about staying many more years at Liverpool.

"It's a club I like. I feel very good about being here, about being in the city.

"I feel very pleased. It would be difficult to match the atmosphere, hunger for success and glory that this club has at another team."

Meanwhile, Suarez reiterated his joy at netting four goals in a World Cup qualifier against Chile on Friday night.

The striker gave another example of just why he is rated amongst the top footballers in the world and revealed that his teammates had joked that he could even have doubled his tally had he not been withdrawn on 76 minutes as a precautionary measure.

He said: "You always dream about scoring goals and scoring four in a game is not easy, but if it wasn't for the efforts of my team mates, I would not have scored the goals.

"The important thing is that I could keep playing, but I did not over-extend myself in some plays. One of my team-mates joked that if it wasn't for the slight back pain I could've scored eight!"

He added: "I love playing, so whenever I'm taken off I mourn a little, and get a sick feeling in my stomach, but it's all about the team, and I always appreciate everyone's efforts"

http://www.liverpoolfcnews.net/luis-i039m-living-my-dream/link/79702/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

mixednuts wrote: »

He had a well orchestrated media hate campaign running against him by G&H which seemed to have worked on the minority of numptys it was aimed at .

Examples ?

Media campaigns tend to attempt to distort the truth, ignore facts etc.

The support for Benitez is usually based on arguments not based in fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

niallo27 wrote: »
    I think people are being a bit harsh on rawk, it just got too big too quick and was unable to keep control, I was a member back around 2002 and it was a great forum. There have plenty of knobs on here as well it's just a lot smaller and lot better moderated.

I remember your dig at a tipp lad in the GAA thread.

I joined RAWK in 2004 and it was a great site then, but after the win in Istanbul and the closure of the free .tv boards it exploded and they had to shut down registration for new members for ages.

Examples ?

Media campaigns tend to attempt to distort the truth, ignore facts etc.

The support for Benitez is usually based on arguments not based in fact.

Zonal marking, it was successful but this was ignored.

Rotation, rafa is a fool for doing but ferguson does and not a word.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Most fans reconsidered their opinion after the truth came out about H & G. A minority didn't, basic comprehension and lack of analytical skills I say. Not surprising mostly, but there is the odd one with supposed backgrounds in the legal and financial worlds I'd expect better of! ;)

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    Most fans reconsidered their opinion after the truth came out about H & G. A minority didn't, basic comprehension and lack of analytical skills I say. Not surprising mostly, but there is the odd one with supposed backgrounds in the legal and financial worlds I'd expect better of! ;)

*yawns*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Rafa went off the rails in the last season and made an absolute mess of things in the end and left us with some shocking players. He could do with some time out of the game to regain his composure - his time at Inter was a farce.

Himself and Trap have a lot in common I reckon.

Rafa Benitez is an absolutely fantastic manager and whoever appoints him will have made a cracking decision.

Zonal marking, it was successful but this was ignored.

Rotation, rafa is a fool for doing but ferguson does and not a word.

They weren't H&G campaigns against Rafa.

Paully D wrote: »
    Rafa Benitez is an absolutely fantastic manager and whoever appoints him will have made a cracking decision.

"I have had some offers in Asia, in Russia, in South America"

Looks like all of the footballing superpowers are after him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

Using your own logic, it should reflect well on Rafa's time at Liverpool that once he left, the European Champions snapped him straight up

tommyhaas wrote: »
    Using your own logic, it should reflect well on Rafa's time at Liverpool that once he left, the European Champions snapped him straight up

I think the sacking quite soon after says otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

You sprout some awful shite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Oh god i hate these Rafa arguements its at the stage now where both sides conveniently forget either his shortcomings or attributes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

He turned down the Atletico Madrid job only a few months ago.

Opr

This is the kinda of hate im talking about and i do think its hate, would it be possible for you to mention anything postive about rafa. Go on and try say something nice about him.

I remember your dig at a tipp lad in the GAA thread.

I joined RAWK in 2004 and it was a great site then, but after the win in Istanbul and the closure of the free .tv boards it exploded and they had to shut down registration for new members for ages.

What was your name on there, the tickets and travel section was great on there and i was sorted for many an away ticket off there, so the site had a lot of postives.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

So, around this time next week we'll be playing Chelsea..........

my line up,

_____________________Reina_____________________

________Skrtel________Carra_______Agger_______

Johnson_________________________________Enrique

_____________________Lucas____________________

_____Downing_________Hendo____________Suarez

____________________Carroll____________________

for the laugh.....

kop77 wrote: »
    So, around this time next week we'll be playing Chelsea..........

my line up,

_____________________Reina_____________________

________Skrtel________Carra_______Agger_______

Johnson_________________________________Enrique

_____________________Lucas____________________

_____Downing_________Hendo____________Suarez

____________________Carroll____________________

for the laugh.....

Didnt we play 3 centre halfs last year at chelsea or am i dreaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

We did, I think...... not the reason I went with that line up, but more the fact that Johnson & Enrique can have more freedom to move forward and fall back when needed and hoping Hendo can make runs into the box which were lacking lately,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Ya, and we caught them on the hop. Might be expecting it more this around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

monkey9 wrote: »
    Quite frankly, i love the way everyone hates Suarez!! It just shows how good he is!! Bring on the hatred!!! :D

David Silva is one of the best players in the PL and plays for Manchester City yet nobody seems to hate on him.

I think you're deluded if you think people hate Suarez because of his ability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

David Silva is one of the best players in the PL and plays for Manchester City yet nobody seems to hate on him.

I think you're deluded if you think people hate Suarez because of his ability.

Help us with our delusion ...why is Suarez hated on ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Generally players who play act and moan alot aren't well liked. I'm actually surprised people are having such a hard time figuring out why Suarez isn't liked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

How many footballing superpowers are currently looking for a manager? The man also wants to get a job in England where his family are based. He's right to wait on the right offer to come around, and a manager of his ability will eventually get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,578 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Haven't been able to post in a while...come back today and people are still arguing about Rafa....glad to see things haven't changed.

Is it not time to move on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Generally players who play act and moan alot aren't well liked. I'm actually surprised people are having such a hard time figuring out why Suarez isn't liked.

Indeed. Add to that the fact that he is a top class and you have someone who is going to be hated on.

I love it myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I'd thank that a thousand times if I could.
    It's a real pet hate of mine the way some people think he's hated because he is brilliant.
    He is a brilliant player that happens to be hated by a lot of opposition fans.

If he was shít no-one would hate him.

It's a huge compliment to be hated. Long may it continue.

• Advertisement

rarnes1 wrote: »
    If he was shít no-one would hate him.
    Robbie Savage would tell you differently.

El Hadji Diouf and Joey Barton ain't exactly world class either.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

In fairness, Savage couldnt give a f**k.

Maybe Paullys real problem is he knows the club he supports will never have a player of Suarez quality. Jealousy is a funny thing!

cambo2008 wrote: »

Funny you never mentioned Nani or Roy Keane in your little list of hated players!

Funny you never mentioned Nani or Roy Keane in your little list of hated players!
    Eh,my point is you don't have to be a great player to be hated.
    rarnes1 said if he was **** he wouldn't be hated.

Diouf spat on fans and joey barton was jailed for assault. How can you compare suarez to these two.

Diouf spat on fans and joey barton was jailed for assault. How can you compare suarez to these two.
    You left out Savage.

My point is its not to do with their ability that they are hated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,603 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Maybe Suarez is hated because he bit a player in a match playing for Ajax, or stopped Ghana by cheating in the world cup quarter final? Add them to the fact that he is a great player and moans a fair bit on the pitch, I can see plenty of reasons why people would hate him.

I like him personally, probably because he plays for Liverpool. But don't be fooled into thinking he is hated because he is such a good player, or because other teams fans are jealous, that would make no sense.

Maybe Suarez is hated because he bit a player in a match playing for Ajax, or stopped Ghana by cheating in the world cup quarter final? Add them to the fact that he is a great player and moans a fair bit on the pitch, I can see plenty of reasons why people would hate him.

I like him personally, probably because he plays for Liverpool. But don't be fooled into thinking he is hated because he is such a good player, or because other teams fans are jealous, that would make no sense.
    Exactly.

You left out Savage.

My point is its not to do with their ability that they are hated.

Savage just wound people up, ill give you savage alright, still you have to agree, he wouldnt wind the opposition fans up so mauch if he wasnt a great footballer.

Of course not, but if was a terrible player no-one would bother as much with him.

Anyway, who cares? :)

I have to disagree with this, if he stoped ghana by cheating he would have got away with the handball and their would have being no pen and he wouldnt have being sent off, how is it cheating when you dont get away with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Seems crazy to me that he hasn't got a call up yet. He's been our standout performer this year, with performances ranging from solid to excellent.

Pace, Strength, composure, an eye for a pass, a willingness to get forward, a decent cross. He has everything you would want in a left back.

It's funny cos it's probably the only area Spain are lacking in quality. I live with a Spaniard who knows his football (in Spain at least) and when I asked him and his friend why Enrique wasn't getting a look in they responded with blank faces and asked 'Who?' They hadn't even heard of him!

Surely the Spanish national team must have scouts watching him and it's only a matter of time before he's called up?

Morzadec wrote: »
    Seems crazy to me that he hasn't got a call up yet. He's been our standout performer this year, with performances ranging from solid to excellent.

Pace, Strength, composure, an eye for a pass, a willingness to get forward, a decent cross. He has everything you would want in a left back.

It's funny cos it's probably the only area Spain are lacking in quality. I live with a Spaniard who knows his football (in Spain at least) and when I asked him and his friend why Enrique wasn't getting a look in they responded with blank faces and asked 'Who?' They hadn't even heard of him!

Surely the Spanish national team must have scouts watching him and it's only a matter of time before he's called up?

I hope he never gets a call up :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,603 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I have to disagree with this, if he stoped ghana by cheating he would have got away with the handball and their would have being no pen and he wouldnt have being sent off, how is it cheating when you dont get away with it.

Okay fair point, cheating maybe not the correct word, but extreme unsporting behaviour. I don't really care on the matter who hates or doesn't hate him, so don't particularly want to get into a debate.

still you have to agree, he wouldnt wind the opposition fans up so mauch if he wasnt a great footballer.
    It adds to it alright but generally people that play-act and go down easily will be hated regardless of how good they are,add to that the worldcup incident(I've no problem with that) and biting incident(that's why you can compare him with Diouf and Barton) and then you have to see why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

or stopped Ghana by cheating in the world cup quarter final?

Cheating by its nature is underhand and meant to deceive. Suarez's handball wasn't cheating, as it was blatant. It was essentially a professional foul. Diving is cheating, as its intended to deceive, as was Maradona's goal in 86, but Suarez handled the ball was not not meant to deceive. He committed a foul and was happy to face the consequences

I would hope that any Liverpool player would do the same if required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

In fairness, Savage couldnt give a f**k.

Maybe Paullys real problem is he knows the club he supports will never have a player of Suarez quality. Jealousy is a funny thing!

I dunno about that. They might use that 20 MILLION your lot paid for JORDAN HENDERSON to purchase a player of similar traits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

What is with the really petty posts over the past day or so?

It adds to it alright but generally people that play-act and go down easily will be hated regardless of how good they are,add to that the worldcup incident(I've no problem with that) and biting incident(that's why you can compare him with Diouf and Barton) and then you have to see why.
    Dont forget Keane the delibarate leg breaker in that list of hated players! Not to mention him abandoning Ireland at the World cup. Charming guy really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

That_Guy wrote: »
    I dunno about that. They might use that 20 MILLION your lot paid for JORDAN HENDERSON to purchase a player of similar traits.

Give us a shout when they find a player of Suarezs caliber for £20mil.£16mil

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement