Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12 - Mod Note 4153

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Sappy404 wrote: »
    pinch-of-salt.jpg

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/liverpool-contact-agents-barcelona-striker-david-villa-2128761

Apparently Cadena Ser said nothing of the sort, but it's nice to dream...

Him and reina are best mates

make it happen pepe

before some moron jumps on deluded liverpool fans we do realise we wont be signing villa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

He wouldn't come when Rafa wanted him, wonder does he still not like the beatles and english food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Shelling out around 30m on a striker that is about to turn 30, no thanks!

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

opr wrote: »

Opr
    Add silly wages to that too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Loan move maybe ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

mixednuts wrote: »
    Loan move maybe ?

What would Barcelona get out of that?

Is that really Andy's new hair, somebody needs to have a word. Too bad the greek isn't there to give him some fatherly advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭mormank

Scoring in the Dutch league is no indication of success in the EPL.
    Look at Chelsea and Mateja Kezman.
    Scored 81 goals over 3 seasons with PSV, including 35 in one season.
    With Chelsea, 7 goals in 40 appearences, a good few of them in the Carling and Fa Cup

This can be said of any top league in the world then also, as there are examples of players lighting up their own leagues and failing/succeeding in the EPL. I hate the 'Mateja Kezman' argument being thrown around like it's some sort of valid reason why not to purchase players from the dutch league. /rant

edit:just noticed others already replied...oh well. still wanted to coin the phrase the 'mateja kezman' argument!

Opr

How do you know it would be for 30 mill and silly wages? Didn't Henry move to Barca at a similar age for a cut price figure. Also Barca don't have the best record in the transfer market in terms of getting value for the players they sell. Sure there could be better long term options etc. out there but at some stage we are gonna have to stop buying potential imo and admit we need players who can perform now.

P.S. I would like to add that I in no way shape or form believe that Villa will ever play for us but I for one would love for him to and all this talk of rejecting superstars because they are almost 30 or whatever saddens me a little.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Opr

Just one of the many reasons it's a transfer that's definitely not going to happen.

A loan move though? Hmm...

• Advertisement

mormank wrote: »
    How do you know it would be for 30 mill and silly wages? Didn't Henry move to Barca at a similar age for a cut price figure. Also Barca don't have the best record in the transfer market in terms of getting value for the players they sell. Sure there could be better long term options etc. out there but at some stage we are gonna have to stop buying potential imo and admit we need players who can perform now.

P.S. I would like to add that I in no way shape or form believe that Villa will ever play for us but I for one would love for him to and all this talk of rejecting superstars because they are almost 30 or whatever saddens me a little.
    One of those stupid websites quoted over 30 mill earlier.

Richard Buxton has since stated that the radio station it was to have originated from claim they never said it.

You can be fairly sure if David Villa was to move he'd be looking for a fairly hefty wage.

amiable wrote: »
    One of those stupid websites quoted over 30 mill earlier.

Richard Buxton has since stated that the radio station it was to have originated from claim they never said it.

You can be fairly sure if David Villa was to move he'd be looking for a fairly hefty wage.

Of course he would be looking for a fairly hefty wage but I just think that perhaps our definition of 'silly wages' might be different. To me anything over a few grand a week is a 'silly wage' for what is essentially chasing a leather ball around some grass for an hour and a half a week, however in this modern football chaos that we live in where you have people being paid up to a million a month from their clubs and they are still not happy to just do what they are told I think that Villa at this in his career if he were to move could be gotten for wages which would be considered moderate enough these days for a guy of his talents and experience.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I want an end put to this Villa talk NOW!

I got so fúcking excited during Euro 2008 when him and Nando were obviously fúcking each other, it didnt happen then and it wont happen now.

Oh and that picture of Carroll had better be him wearing a wig

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

andys corn rows are aincient. id say he got it shaved. hopefully he is like a reverse samson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

jebidiah wrote: »
    andys corn rows are aincient. id say he got it shaved. hopefully he is like a reverse samson.

Not quite...

amiable wrote: »

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

At least the hair suggests he may finally be embracing life in Liverpool :p

Opr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Just got Kop tickets for Stoke, West Brom and Wigan games.

Happy days :)

You get sorted 5starpool, or anyone else??

Hopefully going to the Arsenal game in March

mormank wrote: »
    Of course he would be looking for a fairly hefty wage but I just think that perhaps our definition of 'silly wages' might be different. To me anything over a few grand a week is a 'silly wage' for what is essentially chasing a leather ball around some grass for an hour and a half a week, however in this modern football chaos that we live in where you have people being paid up to a million a month from their clubs and they are still not happy to just do what they are told I think that Villa at this in his career if he were to move could be gotten for wages which would be considered moderate enough these days for a guy of his talents and experience.
    So how much wages do you think David Villa would command?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

We are running a poll about the New ticketing system V the old.If you have a min please have a read and vote and if you have time leave a comment.

Old Ticket selling arraignment or New One...?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

It seems harder to get on and if going to a few games it's expensive to go for all at once, but can plan better. All in all I prefer it or at worst it's a wash.

Must be better for club to get all cash in at same time too.

copacetic wrote: »
    It seems harder to get on and if going to a few games it's expensive to go for all at once, but can plan better. All in all I prefer it or at worst it's a wash.

Must be better for club to get all cash in at same time too.

The old way is slightly better , but the new way at least lets you get a head start on travel plans which can save a fortune .

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Just got Kop tickets for Stoke, West Brom and Wigan games.

Happy days :)

You get sorted 5starpool, or anyone else??
    Ya, got there about 10.15. I had stayed up all night as well watching poker, so went to sleep after getting them. The beauty of the recently redundant (with a nice payoff). :)

I was going to just buy tickets for 2 matches, but decided to get them for all 3 anyhow in the end. Booked flights in and out of JLA for the Stoke game yesterday as well, which is a rarity these days. Over on the 12.15 and back on the 20.30. Hopefully no delays on the outbound flight and it will be the most time efficient trip I've ever been on to there perhaps.

I hope to get tickets for Chelsea and at least one of Arsenal and Spurs as well tomorrow.
    Dub13 wrote: »
    We are running a poll about the New ticketing system V the old.If you have a min please have a read and vote and if you have time leave a comment.

Old Ticket selling arraignment or New One...?
    The old way is slightly better , but the new way at least lets you get a head start on travel plans which can save a fortune .

The main thing I hate about the new system is that you are buying tickets for games 5 or 6 months away, so knowing what you might have to do those weekends is imposible. The way it is with tv fixtures as well, unless you are going on a weekend pissup, you can't book travel until much closer to the time, and that really irritates me.

5starpool wrote: »
    Ya, got there about 10.15. I had stayed up all night as well watching poker, so went to sleep after getting them. The beauty of the recently redundant (with a nice payoff). :)

I was going to just buy tickets for 2 matches, but decided to get them for all 3 anyhow in the end. Booked flights in and out of JLA for the Stoke game yesterday as well, which is a rarity these days. Over on the 12.15 and back on the 20.30. Hopefully no delays on the outbound flight and it will be the most time efficient trip I've ever been on to there perhaps.

Only problem with booking flights early is the chances of changes for tv is quite possible.

The main thing I hate about the new system is that you are buying tickets for games 5 or 6 months away, so knowing what you might have to do those weekends is imposible. The way it is with tv fixtures as well, unless you are going on a weekend pissup, you can't book travel until much closer to the time, and that really irritates me.

Someone on Irishkop suggested that they should have 4 sales instead of 2.I think this would be perfect.

Someone on Irishkop suggested that they should have 4 sales instead of 2.I think this would be perfect.

Thats the answer ..great idea .

Its a happy medium between the old and new way .

I had stayed up all night as well watching poker

Were you watching yourself on the TV again...?repalying what you could have done better over and over :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

First Club captain to lift it.

RIP 7 years today.

_40505287_emlyn_cup270.jpg

Only problem with booking flights early is the chances of changes for tv is quite possible.
    This is why you can't do it unless the flights are ridiculously cheap (which they never are nowadays). Stoke was ok becuase Jan tv fixtures already done.
    Were you watching yourself on the TV again...?repalying what you could have done better over and over :D

I've gotten over that now just about. Just watching to figure out how I should play when headsup for the WSOP ME next year ;)

First Club captain to lift it.

RIP 7 years today.

7 years ???????????

Jeez time flys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭The Chessplayer

Does anyone have any idea what Suarez called Evra? He said that all his Utd team-mates call him it, so is it common knowledge or what?

In other news, liking the look of these David Villa rumours. Surely if this is true the rumour mill will go into overdrive about Carroll getting a "Robbie Keane" into him back to Newcastle.
    bluefinger wrote: »
    That highly reputable purveyor of insider knowledge caughtoffside reckons we'll be in for Villa in January. I'd say we're more likely to buy aston villa. would be good back up to have though.
    Back up? He's 20 times better than Carroll so he'd hardly be used as back up.

Opr

The fundamental requirment is that the player can actually score goals. It's this nonsense of people worrying about player-depreciation that has us in the mess we are in...stuck with journeymen like Henderson and Carroll.

You've got to admire Wenger for how he responded to the Fabregas and Nasri exits. Fernando Torres left and was replaced with Andy Carroll.

Consider the year or 2 that it could take for Carroll to become a prolific scorer. How do you account for that in the books? What's the real cost of having a useless forward like Carroll when we could have a 30 yr old banging in goals? Milan are a club with more money than us and they have no qualms about hiring 30 somethings. Linked with Drogba now too! Can you seriously imagine a club like Milan buying a player like Andy Carroll?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

I've been saying it for weeks :) . Youth is massively overrated in football. Proven talent, 27-30 years old, experience is what you want, with a couple of younger ones (Barca the obvious exception, but they are an exception to everything). Look at Chelsea the past few seasons..
    Anyway, stranger things have happened than Villa...if we could get him on loan i'd literally piss myself with excitement...he is still a class finisher and is arguably at the only club in the world he isn't automatically first choice. He's a very exciting player to watch, can you imagine the buzz with him and Suarez in the same side. I'd be happy to see Downing benched for David Villa for 18 months or so :)
    Make it happen Pepe!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

think of the goal bonus fees were saving with Carroll though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

Just read this Tweet ...

Anyone else heard anything ?

70k, Stanley Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

Just another 259.5 hours to go.................. hate international breaks :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

eldwaro wrote: »
    think of the goal bonus fees were saving with Carroll though

I say pay him minimum wage and goal bonus 50k a goal
    watch them fly in :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Anyway, stranger things have happened than Villa...if we could get him on loan i'd literally piss myself with excitement...he is still a class finisher and is arguably at the only club in the world he isn't automatically first choice.

David Villa. On Loan. Not First Choice? What world is this?

Can I have Messi on loan too? Not sure he'd be first choice with Valencia now though. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

PHB wrote: »
    Can I have Messi on loan too? Not sure he'd be first choice with Valencia now though. :rolleyes:

Exactly, people even mentioning David Villa and loan is just ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

You mis read that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Not first choice for Barca. Which he isn't.
    And yes, i know as well as everyone else we wouldn't get him..but dare to dream and all that..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

BERBA wrote: »
    donfers wrote: »
    they'll bottle it if a good team takes them on

to be fair we didnt bottle it against liverpool and arsenal , would love to play City and United again , krancjar and livermore played in central mid against united:eek: and modric didnt want to play an hour before city game.

7 wins in 8 , and only 4 games played at home to date.
    He did say if a good team takes them on though, arsenal at the time were out of sorts...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Anyone trying to get tickets this morning, the website seems to be ****ed.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Anyone trying to get tickets this morning, the website seems to be ****ed.

Ridiculous again today. Between the online stupid message and the answering machine after ringing for a minute (when you don't get the engaged tone), I've a pain in my hole with it. The fact that there is zero queuing system online or on the phone, and it is just pot luck is crazy.

Ridiculous again today. Between the online stupid message and the answering machine after ringing for a minute (when you don't get the engaged tone), I've a pain in my hole with it. The fact that there is zero queuing system online or on the phone, and it is just pot luck is crazy.

I think i got lucky a while ago, the whole site went down, 503 gateway error or some ****e, i pressed refresh a couple of times and the site must have kicked back in while i was refreshing. I managed to get two together for the derby and singles in the kop for chelsea and arsenal, it would drive you ****en mad though when you constantly get the same page. Its all about luck who gets the tickets these days.

niallo27 wrote: »
    I think i got lucky a while ago, the whole site went down, 503 gateway error or some ****e, i pressed refresh a couple of times and the site must have kicked back in while i was refreshing. I managed to get two together for the derby and singles in the kop for chelsea and arsenal, it would drive you ****en mad though when you constantly get the same page. Its all about luck who gets the tickets these days.

Lucky fecker. No such jamminess here. I'm looking for 2 for Chelsea, and 1 for Arsenal from today's sale.

Lucky fecker. No such jamminess here. I'm looking for 2 for Chelsea, and 1 for Arsenal from today's sale.

All singles left at the moment, most of them are up the back of the anny road

• Advertisement

been in a queue the last hour and a bit :mad:

been in a queue the last hour and a bit :mad:

No you haven't. You been randomly not getting through, same as me. Seems to be absolutely no queuing system as some are reporting getting through first time despite others trying for ages.

Limited availability for Arsenal/Spurs/Chelsea now, and it was 2 of those 3 that I wanted as I can't go to Villa or Fulham and don't have the credits for Everton.

Shambles. Will have to wait for the pot luck of returns I guess, and I have no idea when they come up on the site, but it'll be way closer to the time and not advertised most likely.

Shambles of a system.

Eventually. Only restricted view tickets for Chelsea left though. Got Arsenal in Upper Anny Road.

No you haven't. You been randomly not getting through, same as me. Seems to be absolutely no queuing system as some are reporting getting through first time despite others trying for ages.

Limited availability for Arsenal/Spurs/Chelsea now, and it was 2 of those 3 that I wanted as I can't go to Villa or Fulham and don't have the credits for Everton.

Shambles. Will have to wait for the pot luck of returns I guess, and I have no idea when they come up on the site, but it'll be way closer to the time and not advertised most likely.

Shambles of a system.

Still waiting, Fúck sake. Least you got a ticket. Not a huge fan of Annie Road but beggers cant be choosers for a big match

Staill waiting, Fúck sake. Least you got a ticket. Not a huge fan of Annir Road but beggers cant be choosers for a big match

Arsenal and Chelsea sold out now apparently. Looks like it's the lottery of finding something on the returns sale closer to the date if you want to get over. Ridiculous system really, but since the club always sell out, and get loads of members who they charge for the privilege, they aren't going to change it until such time as there is a new stadium or more seats in a redeveloped Anfield.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement