Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Optics Ph4041

Options
  • 06-11-2011 1:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I was just wondering if anybody out there would have taken this module before and possibly have some solutions to past papers!really struggling at this module and when i attempt to do a question im not sure if im right or wrong.any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Its so damn hard. Are you going to Michals support tutorial?? He's much better that that Liam fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭DaveR1

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Are you going to Michals support tutorial?? He's much better that that Liam fella.

Hi Sarah,

I am a Physics Postgrad.... Just wondering what exactly ye are finding difficult?
    Also why do ye find Michal so much better than Liam?

DaveR1 wrote: »
    Hi Sarah,

I am a Physics Postgrad.... Just wondering what exactly ye are finding difficult?
    Also why do ye find Michal so much better than Liam?

Well Liam did tell us it's his first year teaching. Bitta practice and he'll be fine. With a class like our experience is a plus :p

I am currently working on this.... The aspect of tutorials in the Physics department.

For a first year postgrad, they recieve no training. Are literally given the questions and told go teach that to students. Its completely wrong but its the way things work here.
    You should give feedback to the tutor and the lecturer. Nothing will ever change when students keep their mouth shut.

Its all good to complain about not knowing a subject on this thread, and comment on the tutorial teaching. But nothing will ever happen unless the matter is brought up with the physics department or the lecturer theaching the module.

DaveR1 wrote: »
    I am currently working on this.... The aspect of tutorials in the Physics department.

For a first year postgrad, they recieve no training. Are literally given the questions and told go teach that to students. Its completely wrong but its the way things work here.
    You should give feedback to the tutor and the lecturer. Nothing will ever change when students keep their mouth shut.

Its all good to complain about not knowing a subject on this thread, and comment on the tutorial teaching. But nothing will ever happen unless the matter is brought up with the physics department or the lecturer theaching the module.

I feel bad for everyone who's not in the EPS Dept. because for the most part, they're the only ones who have any teacher training. Tbh I think it's irresponsible of a department to give their post grads no training. The module has changed since they originally did it so they're trying to teach us blind which probably only stresses them out. Bad form.

• Advertisement

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Tbh I think it's irresponsible of a department to give their post grads no training.
    they're trying to teach us blind which probably only stresses them out.

You've hit the nail on the head.... But try telling that to the department. (You might as well hit yourself on the head!!) The only people who really lose out in the end are the undergrad students though.

Advertisement