Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best thing to come out of a county

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

ColeTrain wrote: »
    Mayo

I'll give my own county a serious answer here. Michael Davitt.

What about mayonnaise.

But everyone hates mayonnaise though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 liv1978

My sister got tickets from her work social club at a discount to go to see santa, but only for herself, myself and my two children. My husband, the childrens father, also wanted to see them meet santa so he paid the full price on entering the park. Having braved the elements, being drenched due to lack of shelter in case of rain in IRELAND!!! and walking around bored to death while the children played in the playground (there is absolutely nothing to interest the adults except for inhumanely enclosed creatures in tiny cages) he was told that he may not go with the children to see santa and must wait outside. When I enquired as to why this was, as he would not consume any of santas time and there was no shortage of space in the grotto and he had paid the 12euro ticket ONLY to see our children meet santa and not to walk around the park in the rain, I was met with an extremely rude lady who seemed to not have a reason, only that she felt the need to exercise her authority and reassure herself of her own importance. Even when I asked to pay extra to allow him to enter with our children the stubborn madam still refused. Furthermore,The santa was awful, and was told my childrens names four times and still got them wrong. His beard was hanging off and obviously fake which was so clear to my children. When we got the gifts from 'santa', on opening them at home, one was broken. Visiting santa is a very special time between a family and I was forced to explain to my six and seven year old girls that this was not the real santa. I feel that the magic was ruined and my poor husband paid 12euro to wait outside and I am so disappointed. DO NOT GO HERE.
    Very expensive, Very rude, Not family friendly and a complete let down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

liv1978 wrote: »
    My sister got tickets from her work social club at a discount to go to see santa, but only for herself, myself and my two children. My husband, the childrens father, also wanted to see them meet santa so he paid the full price on entering the park. Having braved the elements, being drenched due to lack of shelter in case of rain in IRELAND!!! and walking around bored to death while the children played in the playground (there is absolutely nothing to interest the adults except for inhumanely enclosed creatures in tiny cages) he was told that he may not go with the children to see santa and must wait outside. When I enquired as to why this was, as he would not consume any of santas time and there was no shortage of space in the grotto and he had paid the 12euro ticket ONLY to see our children meet santa and not to walk around the park in the rain, I was met with an extremely rude lady who seemed to not have a reason, only that she felt the need to exercise her authority and reassure herself of her own importance. Even when I asked to pay extra to allow him to enter with our children the stubborn madam still refused. Furthermore,The santa was awful, and was told my childrens names four times and still got them wrong. His beard was hanging off and obviously fake which was so clear to my children. When we got the gifts from 'santa', on opening them at home, one was broken. Visiting santa is a very special time between a family and I was forced to explain to my six and seven year old girls that this was not the real santa. I feel that the magic was ruined and my poor husband paid 12euro to wait outside and I am so disappointed. DO NOT GO HERE.
    Co. Lapland?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Amen sister.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

I heard ya the first time :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

So we shouldn't go to see Santa,

P.S Usually when you are telling people to boycott something you tell them what it is and where it is ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 liv1978

Sorry, wrong conversation ha ha
    It was Tayto Park in ashbourne I was on about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

Sorry, wrong conversation ha ha
    It was Tayto Park in ashbourne I was on about.
    Try be more careful will ya,someone could loose a bollock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

What about mayonnaise.

But everyone hates mayonnaise though...

Maigh Eo mo chara.

Fcuk Mayonnaise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Fibrescale

Mayo
    Louis Walsh without a doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭pbowenroe

Cork

Beamish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Fibrescale wrote: »
    Mayo
    Louis Walsh without a doubt

He's not even the best man from Kiltimagh..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

pbowenroe wrote: »
    Cork

Beamish.

Murphys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭YBTurbo

Limerick

Richard Harris
    Vincent Browne
    Michael D Higgins (lived first 5 years of life there)
    Steve Finnan
    Aphex Twin
    Terry Wogan
    Jimmy Carr
    The Cranberries
    Frank McCourt
    Jon Kenny
    Willie O Dea
    The Rubberbandits
    Eamon DeVelera
    Darren Shan
    JP McManus
    Angelas Ashes
    Me.

Copied the above list and added a few :)

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭kerosene

YBTurbo wrote: »
    Limerick

Richard Harris
    Vincent Browne
    Michael D Higgins (lived first 5 years of life there)
    Steve Finnan
    Aphex Twin
    Terry Wogan
    Jimmy Carr
    The Cranberries
    Frank McCourt
    Jon Kenny
    Willie O Dea
    The Rubberbandits
    Eamon DeVelera
    Darren Shan
    JP McManus
    Angelas Ashes
    Me.

Copied the above list and added a few :)
    Not a bad list but Terry Wogan kinda fuks it up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

kerosene wrote: »
    Not a bad list but Terry Wogan kinda fuks it up

Willie O'Dea surely ****s it up.....

Advertisement