Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Should I do??

Options
  • 06-11-2011 1:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Dear all,

I'm not an expert on education issues, so really hope somebody can point me in the right direction! :-)
    To cut the story short:
    - I entered Lv.8 Degree program, and passed 2 years
    - For the next year, I transferred to a Lv. 7 final year program. (which is 3rd year)
    - I deferred said year, so make up for finances.
    - I would like to do another degree after I finish in a different subject (I'm 22 now).
    - This new degree is Lv. 8.
    Is it possible to not pay tuition fees for the next degree considering that if I finish my first degree (Lv. 7) it's lower than the next degree (Lv. 8). Or is it assumed that I would have a title of degree anyway, and would have to pay tuition fees. It would be a great pity if I had to pay tuition fees, as I've come to the stern conclusion after 4 years what subject area I really need to study in and live my career around.

Hope you guys understand! Any other advice is welcomed!!

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Rachiee

I think that you would have to pay fees if you decided to go on to do the level 8 in a different area, think the only way you can get around it if its a one year add on, but otherwise once you have your level 7 you're classed as having an ordinary degree and that would count as primary degree/ qualification

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Rachiee wrote: »
    I think that you would have to pay fees if you decided to go on to do the level 8 in a different area, think the only way you can get around it if its a one year add on, but otherwise once you have your level 7 you're classed as having an ordinary degree and that would count as primary degree/ qualification

Pretty much what Rachiee said, you might be able to get funding for an add-on year for a degree (going from a level 7 degree into the last year of a level 8 degree). But getting free fees or grants for a completely new degree course won't be an option im afraid.

The alternative is doing a part time degree course and availing of the 20% tax back on fees per year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Book

What are the options?? - need an advice!
    Hi all

I feel I am in the middle of the crossroad...

I've been doing nannying job for the past couple of years and want something more "real". I love working with children and I am a people person and have great personal skills. I have lots of interest from reading books, psychology, coaching, personal development, health, leadership, volunteering, etc. etc....

I am sigle and in my late 20s.

I wan to know what my options are here, should I go back to study, should I "upgrade" my skills, etc. or find a suitable company/organization to work for OR thinking of setting up my own business (although I would prefer to do so with a special someone, though) ??

Would would you suggest?

Have you been 'there' before? Silly question, I know! :)

Thanks so much inadvance!!

Best

Advertisement