Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Higher Level!

• 06-11-2011 3:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

I need help with an English essay,it's a short story on "invisible lives".I would be grateful if anyone could give me ideas as i'm really struggling with creativity this year,cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

OOH MY GOD! :D
    Write about like these two people with the ability to become invisible!
    And they're like shneaking and spying on everyone when finally they bump into each other and then they go and do their thing together!!;)
    xD

On a more serious side,
    maybe you could write about a teenager/teenagers that have no friends and feel alienated and invisible to everybody around them. And just talk about their struggles through life and how (say if you're talking about two people that feel lonely), say they met each and became friends in the end or something. HAPPY ENDING!! :)
    OR ALTERNATIVE ENDING: One friend commits suicide, and then the other starts like a campaign raising awareness towards suicide or something
    and then the world becomes a happy place yet again?

I HAVE NO IDEA
    That's all I thought of.. :pac:
    Probably not too helpful but maybe it'll help in the slightest?? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Write(an idea) about how, you can be clearly visible, clearly alive, in a sea of other people, yet in the stretch of a big city, you're all invisible under its gaze. And compared to the planet, and life, in general, we're all invisible. And how, only by living our life, to the fullest, do we step out of the darkness of invisibility, and we are seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 unknownNinja

sorry,it's a short story not an essay my bad!
    any ideas on a storyline/plot.
    cheers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Just about one guy, who feels invisible, cos no one notices him? Or.... about how invisibility can be, for a person, self imposed by loneliness?

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

sorry,it's a short story not an essay my bad!
    any ideas on a storyline/plot.
    cheers :)
    but all of the ideas we've given are in fact ideas for short stories.. :) I don't know what your definiton of a short story is but I definitely got a different meaning for it! :P
    something will come to you anyways. :) just brainstorm. You might come up with something brilliant! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement