Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Early Morning Club....

Options
  • 06-11-2011 7:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

So it's 10 to 7 in the morning and breakfast has been eaten and we're now colouring and watching a Superman movie that we SkyPlussed!

My little man is 3 and an early riser....

Anyone else up?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

We're up we're up! We're up we're up! Everybody's up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Ben and Holly while feeding the newborn here!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Continent Simian

Snoozing in bed as my lovely wife feeds the little one. :)

(We take turns on the weekend.)

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Frowzy

(We take turns in the weekend.)

Us too... Hubby will be up for Moto GP then I'll get my snooze :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Like last year clocks going back has messed up our twins big time. Normally wake at 5.30 to 6am but now waking at 4.10 on the dot and are ready to play. Can't understand why it has happened again..... Bedtime for us is now 9pm

• Advertisement

thomasm wrote: »
    Like last year clocks going back has messed up our twins big time. Normally wake at 5.30 to 6am but now waking at 4.10 on the dot and are ready to play. Can't understand why it has happened again..... Bedtime for us is now 9pm

Twins!! Wow... They must sleep through the day surely? How old are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

We're up too! My lad is 9 now but didn't sleep for a full night and woke at 6am for the first two years of his life...I think my bodyclock is all over the place since then, as I still wake up about 6am, and have to get out of bed...

He's awake himself..but now chills out a bit watchin tv in his room until about 9....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Frowzy wrote: »

Twins!! Wow... They must sleep through the day surely? How old are they?

19 months, they go for about an hour during the day. Their 3 year old brother was the same at that age. He goes to about 6.15 now. Throw in 34 teeth in the last year and sleep has been a luxury :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Up about thirty minutes with my five year old so not bad, except i didnt get any sleep cos my partner kept trying to erm wake me, never thought i would be too tired, but the day has arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

We take turns too. I was up at 7.30 yesterday morning and my husband got up at the same time today. Last week I was up at 5.45 because of the hour change so 7.30 feels like a lie-on. It's a good thing I'm a morning person.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

Are all kids early risers? My son (5months) will sleep in untill 10 or even 11 some days. He gets naps during the day and goes to sleeo for the night between 8-9. Is the normal or am i just lucky?!

Very lucky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

7am is our norm now with the youngest being the first to wake (occasionally earlier). We're lucky now.... 5.45 am was his waking time for a few years :rolleyes: Mon- fri I get to stay in bed an extra hour or so until hubby is leaving for work and at weekends he gets a nice long lie in and I get up early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

qwertytlk wrote: »
    Are all kids early risers? My son (5months) will sleep in untill 10 or even 11 some days. He gets naps during the day and goes to sleeo for the night between 8-9. Is the normal or am i just lucky?!

Pfft... lucky witch...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

January wrote: »
    Ben and Holly while feeding the newborn here!!

That really is such a lovely cartoon. There's so much crap on the TV these days, and of little or no educational value to children.

Tough now, but it won't be forever :)

It's 10 past 7 and I'm up or two hours already. Little man has got worse since the dark mornings/evenings arrived! Absolutely cannot keep him awake after 7pm. So we've already watched Me Too, Charlie and Lola and now Postman Pat.

Never mind, I'll be in bed in the morning while my husband watches cartoons and colours :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭TheWarrior

Frowzy wrote: »
    It's 10 past 7 and I'm up or two hours already. Little man has got worse since the dark mornings/evenings arrived! Absolutely cannot keep him awake after 7pm. So we've already watched Me Too, Charlie and Lola and now Postman Pat.

Never mind, I'll be in bed in the morning while my husband watches cartoons and colours :-)

Up since 5.40 AM - my little man always gets up early on a saturday:eek:.Sleeps til 8 all week long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Been up since 630.

Nursing a coffee and watching Fireman Sam with the kids, one of which had me up for a fair few hours last night!

My 3 year old goes until 8 no worries but my 15-month old is always up early.

I thought I'd bump this up. We're awake since 5am, I got up with my son and gave him cuddles to settle him then at 5.45 he started kicking off again so we just got up. We had breakfast and a little bit of playtime and he went for a nap at 7.45 and is still there. Unfortunately I have to wake him as we've got swimming at 10.30.

Haven't seen this thread before - good to know we're not alone!

We're up since 5 too. Herself is teething - we tried calpol, tried a feed, tried keeping her in the bed and while she was relatively happy there for a while, (she likes to entertain herself by sticking her fingers up my nose!?!) she got bored. In the end we got up at 6 and watched tv in bed. Daddy took her for a while and I got a snooze, now I'm up and those 2 are snoozing. Nice to have the house to myself.

Will be wrecked later though - I'm 10 weeks pregnant and really need my sleep these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

My guy decided 2.47 was up time this morning, full of the joys of life, got him back for about an hour around 5 and them daddy got up with him. Baba and I had a lovely snooze from 9.30 -12.30 though - it was needed! His cheek is red rosy now so I suspect that is what woke him so early even though he wasn't complaining at the time.

It's Christmas Eve, it's 8am and I've been awake for 3 hours.

The ham is cooking, the desserts are prepared, vegetables peeled, and I'm wrecked. However, it's the best time of the year to be a parent. Going to sit down now and watch a Christmas movie with them.

In case anyone doesn't know, Santas progress can be tracked online this evening. Google NORAD Santa, it's the North American Space Agency and every year on Christmas Eve they track Santa so children know when to go to sleep.

Happy Christmas everyone x

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

OMG. Pity party for you! I got a lie in this morning. 10 am. First time ever too. Absolutely delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Santa came! cant wiat for the kids to wake up, im sick with a migraine from lack of sleep, oh the excitement..

merry christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭The Internet Explorer

Santa came!

GXaLG.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Up all night with insomnia as usual, waiting impatiently for the kids to wake up and come down to claim their presents. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

5.45 am :D the excitement was just too much :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

I got to bed at 2am, had been watching the end of a film. Just closed my eyes and she wakes up :( don't think I'll be sleeping tonight... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

i feel your pain!
    My bad night is like this
    7pm - daughter to bed
    7:30 is son to bed, put daughter back to bed for maybe the 3rd time
    7:45 son asleep put daughter back to bed again after toilet trip
    8pm put daughter back to bed again with threats
    8:30pm put baby son to bed and daughter back to bed again after toilet trip
    have dinner with hubbie and maybe a little tidy up and a doze
    10:30 toilet trip for daughter
    midnight feed baby and hopefully get him back to sleep
    1am go to bed
    1:25 fall asleep
    1:30 wake up again to baby crying take baby into bed
    1:45 asleep with baby in bed
    3am put baby back in cot and put son back in bed, pick up crying baby and get back into bed
    3:45 repeat
    5:30 tell son no it is not up time go back to bed and please dont wake your sister
    6:15 tell son and daughter to keep it down and keep the door closed
    7am UP time!
    All the while hubbie gently snores in the background.
    there are nights when both older one sleep mostly, but i have at least one bad night a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

The kids are sleeping in this morning. Which would be fine if I wasn't insomniac and up all night anyway. I'd almost welcome them waking early, I'd feel useful and productive then.

Advertisement