Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Early Morning Club....

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

I put her back into the cot around 6am she mooched for a while but fell back asleep then. Woke again at 8.30 but the OH got up with her then and I got a lie in til 12 with brekkie in bed!!! Not so bad after all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Frowzy

Why is it that you have to drag them out of bed on a school day but in the holidays.....

I'm feeling sorry for myself this morning, as I've figured out that it's 12.5 years since I had a restful sleep (probably my own fault for having such a gap between them). I'm consoling myself that someday I'll be the smug one at work who's kids are old enough to fend for themselves :-)

As an aside, there's a woman at work who tells me I'm mothering my kids too much. Her kids often get up and eat ice cream for breakfast, she doesn't care as long as she gets to lie in. She says that I should have the oldest (who's 11) getting up with the youngest (3) and getting him his breakfast. I feel that I had them I'll raise them, plus they'd have sick stomachs eating ice cream.... I don't always complain about them, don't get me wrong, but she noticed that I looked Particularly tired one day.....

Am I over mothering my boys?
    If wanting them to have a solid breakfast is over mothering then I'm guilty! Also people don't understand that I choose not to go out, especially at this time of year, but I'd prefer to be cheery in the morning, I don't drink anyway! I always have all the kids for New Years, we have a party, I think it's more special for them than being left with a babysitter who shoves them off to bed. OMG am I too protective?

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Frowzy

lynski wrote: »
    i feel your pain!
    My bad night is like this
    7pm - daughter to bed
    7:30 is son to bed, put daughter back to bed for maybe the 3rd time
    7:45 son asleep put daughter back to bed again after toilet trip
    8pm put daughter back to bed again with threats
    8:30pm put baby son to bed and daughter back to bed again after toilet trip
    have dinner with hubbie and maybe a little tidy up and a doze
    10:30 toilet trip for daughter
    midnight feed baby and hopefully get him back to sleep
    1am go to bed
    1:25 fall asleep
    1:30 wake up again to baby crying take baby into bed
    1:45 asleep with baby in bed
    3am put baby back in cot and put son back in bed, pick up crying baby and get back into bed
    3:45 repeat
    5:30 tell son no it is not up time go back to bed and please dont wake your sister
    6:15 tell son and daughter to keep it down and keep the door closed
    7am UP time!
    All the while hubbie gently snores in the background.
    there are nights when both older one sleep mostly, but i have at least one bad night a week.

Oh dear.... Sympathy for you!!

Your story reminds me of the woman on telly who was asked what she'd do if a burglar came into her bedroom in the middle of the night, her answer: "at this stage I'd probably take him by the hand and bring him to the toilet." :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Jumped up at 5am this morning due to hearing banging in my sleep, woke the whole house up to thinking my daughter was having a hypo /fit in her sleep and had to wake her up to make sure she wasnt in a coma.... thats happening a lot lately as she had a sever hypo 2 months ago and i had to call an ambulance at 1am as i didnt have the emergency injection.

Think its still lurking somewhere in my subconscious.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

I don't think you are Frowzy given your youngest is only 3.
    It's only in the last two years that I am comfortable with mine being up and getting breakfast themselves and even then I set the table the night before. These days they are 11 and 13 and didn't wake today until after 10 and then brought me a cup of tea in bed when I woke at 11.

But the early mornings and the disturbed nights do end, so do the spontaneous cuddles and sloppy kisses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

Frowzy wrote: »
    Oh dear.... Sympathy for you!!

Your story reminds me of the woman on telly who was asked what she'd do if a burglar came into her bedroom in the middle of the night, her answer: "at this stage I'd probably take him by the hand and bring him to the toilet." :)

or give him a boob hehehe

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nicowa

Morning! Though the way I'm feeling after last night (and it's only my first night home from hospital... :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Yve

10 mth old little man, over 6 mths pregnant.

Breakfast well over.up since 06.30.

Peppa Pig Xmas Special DVD on and little man in the middle of his morning poo :o

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Yve

nicowa wrote: »
    Morning! Though the way I'm feeling after last night (and it's only my first night home from hospital... :D)

Awww congrats :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

thomasm wrote: »
    Like last year clocks going back has messed up our twins big time. Normally wake at 5.30 to 6am but now waking at 4.10 on the dot and are ready to play. Can't understand why it has happened again..... Bedtime for us is now 9pm

I'm calling it the christmas miracle, since Christmas day they have started sleeping to 6.20am. No reason I can see for the change but thank Christ :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Kids have switched from early rising to late sleeping during holidays. Annoying. Have the 5 year old asleep for several hours but the 2 year old is still acting up. It's due to being down at my parents I think, they always get very unsettled when they're in a new environment for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

lynski wrote: »
    i feel your pain!
    My bad night is like this
    7pm - daughter to bed
    7:30 is son to bed, put daughter back to bed for maybe the 3rd time
    7:45 son asleep put daughter back to bed again after toilet trip
    8pm put daughter back to bed again with threats
    8:30pm put baby son to bed and daughter back to bed again after toilet trip
    have dinner with hubbie and maybe a little tidy up and a doze
    10:30 toilet trip for daughter
    midnight feed baby and hopefully get him back to sleep
    1am go to bed
    1:25 fall asleep
    1:30 wake up again to baby crying take baby into bed
    1:45 asleep with baby in bed
    3am put baby back in cot and put son back in bed, pick up crying baby and get back into bed
    3:45 repeat
    5:30 tell son no it is not up time go back to bed and please dont wake your sister
    6:15 tell son and daughter to keep it down and keep the door closed
    7am UP time!
    All the while hubbie gently snores in the background.
    there are nights when both older one sleep mostly, but i have at least one bad night a week.

Was reviving this thread for a moan at the 6:35 start AGAIN this week, but after reading this I realise things have massively improved in the last few weeks

Now the older 2 sleep from 7:30 to 6:30 for the boy who then wakes the girl, but he slept until 7:30 twice this week.
    And baby only akes once a night now, so much better,
    but still 6 f-ing 35! and on a bank holiday monday...
    time for a doze while they watch roly mo

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Continent Simian

Remember the bad old days, when you would snooze 'til noon and then only get up because you were bored of lying in bed. Bored of lying in bed!

Once up, you would pad about a silent house until hunger moved you to the local cafe. A long, late lunch becomes a liquid dinner and, before you'd know it, you'd be back in bed again, content and tipsy.

Those were dark times.

Advertisement