Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you need chemistry for dentistry?

• 06-11-2011 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Im currently in leaving cert and i do one science subject and thats biology. I kinda regret not doing chemistry now because i would love to go on for dentistry!

i heard that you actually don't have to do chemistry for medicine but thats only in some colleges. i wonder is it the same for dentistry?

even if i do need chemistry i can always go on for a dental hygienist but its only a 2 year course and would like to stay in college longer than that.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

From what I can see on qualifax, for Dentistry in UCC you need to have done chemistry and one other science, and in Trinity you need to do 2 out of chemistry, biology, ag science, physics and phys/chem.

I know of people who have taken up chemistry, ag science or phys/chem in Leaving Cert, aiming to get the minimum requirement in them, and not necessarily use it for points. Would this be at all possible?

Alternatively you could just sit the LC this year as you are now, get the points you need and then go back and sit chemistry next year to fulfill the requirements.

Advertisement