Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wallet Stolen in Jervis

Options
  • 06-11-2011 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, just looking for people to keep an eye out. Wife in Dublin for a few days with the outlaws. Was in town this morning in the Jervis and her wallet was taken from her bag as she went from Next to Argos (confirmed via cctv she put it back in bag in Next)

So her thoughts are that it was taken in Argos as she browsed (Argos to busy review cctv :rolleyes: )

Anyway if anyone finds it, its a black river island glossy purse wallet. Obviously surname is Murphy :D

Thanks folks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Sooopie

Sorry to hear that - I've heard its getting worse in Dublin as of late with pick pockets, bag snatchers

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Sorry too LFC...hope something turns up;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭bfocusd

[QUOTE=LFC Murphy;75326075its a black river island glossy purse wallet.[/QUOTE]

Bit random I know, but I think I had the same purse, does it have a gold twirly lock? If it is I swear they are cursed! I had mine 2 days and while out it 'went for a walk' along with the 300euro in it! :( Also my cousin got the same one with me and hers was gone too but she lasted a week!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

The Jervis is a haven for pickpockets. They have three clear exits (Henry St., M&S, and up the escalators).
    I'm sorry about your loss, but it is coming into that season again when the little dipsticks start working in teams. I've never been dipped in the Jervis but I did get done in Stephens Green shopping centre.
    Like the OP said, keep an eye out and a hand on the wallet / purse.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Shegull

I had my purse taken out of my bag in February when I was in Waterstones. Thankfully I did not have much money in it but it caused me no end of grief stopping credit cards etc. Guards said they would only have wanted the cash and would have dumped everything else. Felt so violated. Wouldn't like to see it happen to anyone. Sorry about your wife hope it doesn't ruin her few days up here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

Thanks folks, main thing is that it was a pick pocket and not a mugging. She was with our 3 month old so thankfully all is well. Cash can be replaced as they say.

Thank for the help and well wishes, my wife appreciates it....

Advertisement