Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox controller thumbsticks turned green

Options
  • 06-11-2011 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭

Hey, I've just noticed this recently. I have 3 controllers, 2 black 1 white. On one controller which I've never used I noticed that the thumbsticks have turned a greenish hue compared to the other ones. Same thing happened to the foam part of my xbox headset on the ear and microphone. They've gone completely yellow. I've never worn it once though.

I wonder if its the same thing that happens to some old SNES consoles http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2007/01/snes_plastic_2_large.jpg

I think its been caused by UV light, but cant be certain. Anyone else had this problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

spix wrote: »
    Hey, I've just noticed this recently. I have 3 controllers, 2 black 1 white. On one controller which I've never used I noticed that the thumbsticks have turned a greenish hue compared to the other ones. Same thing happened to the foam part of my xbox headset on the ear and microphone. They've gone completely yellow. I've never worn it once though.

I wonder if its the same thing that happens to some old SNES consoles http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2007/01/snes_plastic_2_large.jpg

I think its been caused by UV light, but cant be certain. Anyone else had this problem?
    That's not a problem :confused:

Simple daylight bleaching the said parts my advice is to buy a new console if it's that old it could do with a refresh:pac:

You never got back to me re headset spix? It's rude to ignore calls texts pms etc!!!!! After you contacted me through adverts trying to buy it!!!

Bad form:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

wtf are you talking about lol, what headset.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

spix wrote: »
    wtf are you talking about lol, what headset.

**** sorry spix I mixed you and some other guy up, apologies :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

**** sorry spix I mixed you and some other guy up, apologies :o

I demand a free xbox wheel, until then apology not accepted :pac:

Advertisement