Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electricity Charges.

Options
  • 06-11-2011 2:16pm
    Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    I live by myself in a 2bed apartment.
    My leccy bill for ages was about €80 which seemed reasonable.
    However the last two bills have been around €120.

I have no idea why it increased so much. I don't have the immersion on, and I never switch on heaters. (I'm on 4th floor and get warmth from below)
    I have one electric shower daily. I have a desktop, laptop, flat screen, ps3, xbox but obviously they';re not on all the time. Same as most houses I suppose.

When I got the first bill of 120, I installed energy saving lightbulbs and turned everything off when I went out.

But then I get a bill for the same amount?! I was thinking there's something seriously up here.

Then I visit my friends in Dublin. 4 of them living in a house, all use laptops and TVs and whatnot constantly. Their bill for the whole hosue is about 120 as well!!!

I'm thinking I'm getting royally shafted here.

I email airtricity complaining attaching the pdf of my recent bill and they claimed 5 days later that they got no attachment!!

Useless shower of C****.

Also, does leaving things in standby consume much leccy? I'm thinking of now just pluggin everything out when I don't use them.

Also, in a large apartment block such as mine is it possible for people who knwo what they're doing to leech off me?

There are Hungarian handymen/electricians leaving upstairs and once they came into my gaff in install a sat dish on my balcony as they have none.
    I let them in no bother but they knew what they were doing. All the tools and whatnot with them.

I'm probably just being paranoid but how would you know if something like that is going on?

Also my sister has 3 boys all into vidoegames and she gets around the same bill as me.

I'm just not happy about this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭ap1986

most of these bills are estimates on their behalf...your better off submitting meter readings to them every month so they are more accurate

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭ap1986

This post has been deleted.

yeah i have a upc box and when ya power it off but yet still have a programme to record when its off, it may as well be on.these type of boxes and routers use lots of electricity.do you know how to submit a meter reading?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

OP,

Examine your bill.

Airtricity increased their rates/tariffs on the the 1st of September and your recent bill will show the usage of both old and new rates.

http://www.airtricity.com/ie/home/products/older-and-standard-tariffs/

Ensure that you have recent submitted meter readings.
    Register and do so here

https://my.airtricity.com/oss_web/login.htm

You are not alone. My bill went from an average of €60 to €166 this period. :eek:

Advertisement