Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paperwork for registering birth?

• 06-11-2011 2:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭

Hi ladies,

quick question - what sort of paperwork would I need to register the birth of our baby in hospital then and there?

Is there anything I can bring (or at least look for so hubby can bring it) for straight after the birth? We're married, but don't have an Irish marriage cert, only an international one (didnt get married here). Also, I am not an Irish citizen (hubby is though). Would I need to bring my passport? Or an ESB/Eircom bill (:D)?(stuff that keeps you up at night, I tell ya...:D)

Any ideas? (less than 3 weeks to go, but just had this panicky thought that if I needed anything from my home country, I'd better apply for it now to have it here in time...)

Cheers!:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

d'oh - never occurred to me to check citizensinfo...:o

Thanks for that - that clears it up! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Don't think you can register in the hospital straight away?

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,926 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

AFAIK you have to wait for the hospital to send the details to the registry office, I think it was about 10 days before we could register the little man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭holidaygirl

A day or two after our son was born, they came round for details in the hospital, we were able to get his birth cert the day we left hospital, as the hospital had the paperwork submitted, so we had very little to do. That was South Tipperary General Hospital.

• Advertisement
Advertisement