Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert History Project

• 06-11-2011 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi,
    I was wondering could anybody help me by suggesting some good books/websites for info on the Nuremberg Trials? Also, are the Nuremberg Trials too broad a subject, and should I focus on one or two individuals?
    Thanx smile.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 jessiepoo410

Your best bet would just be to go to the library and get any books. It might be a bit too broad, you are better off focusing on one area as then you can go into more detail. Maybe focus on someone who had a high profile trial like Herman Goring? because then you can go into detail on his backround aswell. i know from experience that they really like if you phrase your title as a question cause i got an A1 last year :D. For example "Did Herman Gorings influence in the affairs of Nazi Germany preordain that he would receive the death penalty in the Nuremburg Trials?" They like to see that you have really thought about your topic>:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,237 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

How about focussing on someone who was acquitted at the trials?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

worhello wrote: »
    Hi,
    I was wondering could anybody help me by suggesting some good books/websites for info on the Nuremberg Trials? Also, are the Nuremberg Trials too broad a subject, and should I focus on one or two individuals?
    Thanx smile.gif
    Way too broad, you would be lining up a monumental headache for yourself.

Focus on one person who you find interesting, or on one aspect of the trials: e.g. were the allies (and especially the Soviets) in some cases trying German Nazi leaders for crimes of which they were equally guilty?

Or perhaps look at the Nuremberg principles, which set guidelines for determining what constitutes a war crime, or perhaps the "Doctors' Trial" and the Nuremberg Code which resulted and which was very influential in defining medical ethics for human experimentation.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 worhello

Thanx guys :) I might focus on one or two individuals: Goring or Speer probably

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Speer wrote a book didn't he? Can't remember what it was called. He also did interviews later in his life, the world at war was one of the things he did. Look out for it.

• Advertisement

I've seen bits and pieces of the World at War series, and I have Speer's book, as it happens, and our teacher says that if I have at least 3 sources I can draw from, I have enough. So Ii just need to locate another source or two, perhaps online documents?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Having watched the world at war a million times(;) You'll get a lot from that. My teacher steered us away from online sources, cos he said they weren't reliable, they could be altered or put up by anyone. I'd stick to books, or documents you can find.

Thanx :) I'll see whta the local library has on the subject next chance I get

• Registered Users Posts: 1 helpmeplease!!

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASEE? i have to do this leaving cert history project and have no ideas what so ever! any ideas?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASEE? i have to do this leaving cert history project and have no ideas what so ever! any ideas?!
    Have a look here - it might help -

http://leavingcerthistory.net/research-projects/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Menelaun

I was wondering if anyone knows about any books or have links to anything about Nixon and his involvement in the Cambodian incursion?

Advertisement