Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reward! Find a lost bike!

Options
  • 06-11-2011 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Last Saturday night at about 4a.m., I fell off my bike and dislocated my thumb (no comment) but I can't remember where. I locked my bike and went to hospital. Thing is, I can't remember where my bike is now.

The bike is a green peugeot europa and has a silver MET helmet attached to it. It looks a little like this although mine is a bit rustier:

set-72157627304957499

I presume I left it somewhere between Leeson Street and Dublin 12 (home) but I'm not sure. I have tried looking everywhere en route (all three or four routes) but can't find it. I may however have gone for a kebab in Zaytoon (either one) on the way home but I'm not sure.

In short, I can't contact the taxi driver (I just stopped him along the street and I paid in cash) and I don't know where the bike is. If anyone on here can find it, there is a €50 reward. To claim it, pm me if you find the bike, we will arrange a meet up time and place (somewhere near the bike but not at the bike, obviously, so you can trust me), we meet up, you bring me to the bike, and I give you the reward. Simples!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Saturday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭superrdave

Ghandee wrote: »
    Saturday morning.

Saturday night / Sunday morning....

Some time around 4a.m. / 3a.m. considering the clock went back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

Or Sunday morning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

Were you drunken riding OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

€50? yeah i'll find you a bike mightn't be your bike but...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,498 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Were you drunken riding OP?

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

Yeah right "Bike". I know what your after !!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

superrdave wrote: »
    Last Saturday night at about 4a.m., I fell off my bike and dislocated my thumb (no comment) but I can't remember where. I locked my bike and went to hospital. Thing is, I can't remember where my bike is now.

The bike is a green peugeot europa and has a silver MET helmet attached to it. It looks a little like this although mine is a bit rustier:

set-72157627304957499

I presume I left it somewhere between Leeson Street and Dublin 12 (home) but I'm not sure. I have tried looking everywhere en route (all three or four routes) but can't find it. I may however have gone for a kebab in Zaytoon (either one) on the way home but I'm not sure.

In short, I can't contact the taxi driver (I just stopped him along the street and I paid in cash) and I don't know where the bike is. If anyone on here can find it, there is a €50 reward. To claim it, pm me if you find the bike, we will arrange a meet up time and place (somewhere near the bike but not at the bike, obviously, so you can trust me), we meet up, you bring me to the bike, and I give you the reward. Simples!

awww, hope you find your bike :)

Have you tried the Dublin forum though? You might get a better* response from there to be honest :)

*as in more successful response ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Was the person drunken cycling or not ? and if they were why should anyone help ? If it was a car driver coming asking something similar while in control of there vehicular there be uproar i say.

And as this is after hours i will throw this in to

I’m not racyclist, but I think bikes should have their own lanes. -Alex Watt

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

set-72157627304957499

Simples!

Riding that bike in the dark it's lucky you only got a broken thumb!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Is this your bike OP ?

Cos if it is it's gonna cost you a goat.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

eBay. Or Adverts.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

From After Hours

• Registered Users Posts: 9,695 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Fell of the bike, dislocated thumb, locked bike, went to hospital, got thumb relocated, forgot about bike, got a kebab.

Can't remember where the bike is.

Legend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

tumblr_kvpgupZOVo1qa02x4o1_250.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

No photo of the bike ? I live practically in Temple Bar. If you post a photo I'll keep an eye out ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Go up to the North Cumberland/Hill Street market on Saturday morning.If it's been stolen from wherever you left it there's a decent chance it might end up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭superrdave

psychward wrote: »
    No photo of the bike ? I live practically in Temple Bar. If you post a photo I'll keep an eye out ;)

2s9bub4.jpg

looks like that (not actually my bike, just looks like it).... there is a helmet attached to it

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

if your bike is anything like that, i hope to god you never get it back.

where are fecki.ng lights? Plus you were drunken cycling:eek:

If a car driver hit you or if you fell off your bike under the wheels of a car, it would be the drivers fault, they would lose their licence and possibly serve jail time because of your complete and utter lack of respect for anyone.

if i see it anywhere, i will not be telling you where it is

You should not be allowed to have a bicycle.:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭07438991

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Fell of the bike, dislocated thumb, locked bike, went to hospital, got thumb relocated, forgot about bike, got a kebab.

Can't remember where the bike is.

Legend.

Sounds like a great story-line for the hangover part 4!!! I bagsy copyright..

PS - I don't think the bike is the only thing locked in this story... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Citygirl1

If, as you say, you locked the bike, how is the finder meant to bring it to meet you?! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

looks like that (not actually my bike, just looks like it).... there is a helmet attached to it

irishbird wrote: »
    if your bike is anything like that, i hope to god you never get it back.

where are fecki.ng lights?

:eek::D

Advertisement