Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malahide Park Exercise Trail

Options
  • 06-11-2011 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭

Hi guys ,

does anyone know what this is like ? i heard there was a trail running aound the park with designated exercises dotted around it.

Tried googling it but to no avail.

I am going to give it a shot but would like to know what its like and type of exercises before i head down.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Hi Martron,
    Its a 3km (approx) circuit with exercises dotted along it. It starts at the carpark on Back Road. There's chin up bars, beams for doing squats etc;
    Its fairly good but you should go when its dry and bright

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

is it just that its mucky or can you not use the "equipment" when its wet?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Martron wrote: »
    is it just that its mucky or can you not use the "equipment" when its wet?

Can get a little bit, but nothing to stop you doing it in the rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Slippery when wet.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭browner85

the track is very rough full of "potholes"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

thanks for all the replies!

will give it a look i reckon. sure i doubt it will be too dry between now and next summer anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭donaghs

I think its alright. Nice to see that sort of thing in Ireland. The exercise stops can be a bit awkward after rain, but still worth a try. The track isn't exactly paved all the way, but I don't mind "trail" running. Main issue is that the paths can be crowded at the weekend sometimes, dogs without leads etc - but that's no big worry.

If you are an experienced runner, perhaps its too short, and you'll have to do the same circuit more than once to get some distance in.

Advertisement