Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd year History essay problem

• 06-11-2011 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Does anyone have the essay questions and details for the second year core History modules please? Would be extremely helpful

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Have you looked at Blackboard? Email the lecturer too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 badhistory

Blackboard isn't working for me and i've been waiting ages for the lecturer and still no word

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

1. What distinguishes the Italian Renaissance of the fifteenth century from earlier cultural revivals?
    2. Why was Christian Europe so slow to react to the threat of the fall of Constantinople?
    3. To what extent did the Renaissance influence Ireland?

Corkfeen wrote: »
    1. What distinguishes the Italian Renaissance of the fifteenth century from earlier cultural revivals?
    2. Why was Christian Europe so slow to react to the threat of the fall of Constantinople?
    3. To what extent did the Renaissance influence Ireland?

Your a star thanks. They're for friday is it? how many words?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

badhistory...ya for friday at 3pm. 1500 words I think. What one are you doing. I still havent made my mind up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

Keep on doing the reputation of Arts students proud guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Chris_J92

What distinguishes the Italian Renaissance of the fifteenth century from earlier cultural revivals?
    This one sounds like the easiest but what other great cultural revivals have there been that you could really compare the Renaissance to?
    Anyone care to help me?:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Plautus

Byron85 wrote: »

It could be worse. There's always a few who either just don't do these assignments or try to answer them without reading any relevant literature.

You notice them on the class list - they bunch around the 20-30% grade range.

Hey, at least at the other end of the scale there's vicious competition. Or something >_>
    Anyone care to help me?

The Carolingian Renaissance of the 8th and 9th centuries AD. Consider also the extent to which there's continuity between 'renaissances'. I'm not helping you beyond that! :p

And folks, you had to receive a reading list at some point. Now's the time to use it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Let me just point out, that I have pretty much finished my essay. I shall not be considered one of those arts students. :D

I remember in first year some guy trying to submit a handwritten essay to the history department. That was a funny sight to behold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Lets be honest, a day and a half is more then enough time for any half intelligent person to do such a short essay and get at least a 2.1.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Chris_J92

Orizio wrote: »
    Lets be honest, a day and a half is more then enough time for any half intelligent person to do such a short essay and get at least a 2.1.

couldnt agree with you more:D

closeline wrote: »
    badhistory...ya for friday at 3pm. 1500 words I think. What one are you doing. I still havent made my mind up.

Doing the fall of constantinople one.

If this is the worse you heard about arts students you need to get out more

badhistory wrote: »
    Doing the fall of constantinople one.

If this is the worse you heard about arts students you need to get out more

I get out plenty. Thanks for asking though.

Advertisement