Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

re: Infant Observation

• 06-11-2011 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hey mums-to-be...
    I am currently studying for a Masters in Psychoanalytical Psychotherapy, and as a requirement of the course, we have to complete an Infant Observation. That involves watching a baby for 1 hour a week, from newborn until 2 years. I understand that people may be put off by the length of the commitment they would be undertaking, however, I would be extremely grateful as you would be helping me with my training!! I would be there in a non-judgemental and non-invasive manner, just observing the baby as you go about your normal day/activities! Im there to learn about babies!
    So I am looking for a mum, preferably in South Dublin, who wouldnt mind me coming into their home for 1 hour a week. I can provide a letter from my college. Ideadly, I would meet you and your partner before the baby is born, to arrange the observations once the baby is born, and answer any concerns, but mainly to see, if we like each other enough. Anyone who thinks that they may be able to help me, or know someone who may, please get in touch.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

You might be better off posting this in the 'Pregnancy' forum.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1092
    I'd be up for it but unfortunately I'm in Tipp, so too far for you I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Sazzybaby

Thanks a million anyway..your a pet for the help!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Sazzybaby the Ladies Lounge is not the place for these kind of requests(surveys/student research). I doubt the Pregnancy forum will be any more accommodating TBH.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement