Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Yamaha YPT-220 61 Key Keyboard - Normally around 120-130euro / Now 99euro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 karag

Just a warning...

According to the following review, this keyboard is not touch-sensitive, which may be important to some.

http://www.amazon.com/review/R1ED9O7D29WFH2

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Nazata

Though this is a reasonable keyboard for the price, it wouldn't be advisable for experienced musicians or those doing exams above grade 1 as without touch sensitivity it won't have the ability to demonstrate dynamics...
    Good price but the Yamaha PSRE series is a lot better if you have the extra cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭paikea

Just in case someone (like me) does not understand what touch sensitivity means for a piano.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100313171055AAysBht

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭ripcord

Could anyone recommed a good value (i.e. cheap!) touch-sensitive keyboard? Was thinking of starting to learn.. thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭GermanicGalore

@paikea thanks a lot. I didn't know what it means and was tempted by the offer.

@ripcord +1 am looking for the same. Anyone any advice??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 crimsonking

All those fancy features...but without touch-sensitivity a keyboard is almost useless as a learning tool, it's really just a toy. A shame.

This seems to be the best Electronic Piano I can find for a reasonable price.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004RTHGKW/ref=s9_simh_gw_p267_d0_g267_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1NTSB3HVYX9X0V0F33A8&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128533&pf_rd_i=468294

Seems to have gotten a good review. I think it's a relatively new model. Would be approx 180 euro but the extra 80 euro would probably be worth it, if you're not worried about a keyboards fancy effects and 2 million instrument sounds!

Yeah ripcord, the Yamaha NP-11, that seems a pretty good starter keyboard with just the basic sounds.
    I see there is a 76-key version the NP-31.

If you get serious though you'll want to upgrade to one with a full 88-key hammer-action keyboard, if you want a proper piano feel.

If you want a keyboard with all the bells and whistles like the original one mentioned then the PSR-E333 has touch-sensitivity.

There are other brands but I find Yamaha very good.
    I'm a pro keyboard player but I'm looking for something like these for my young kids.

Oh by the way I don't think that one comes with a power-supply so you may have to buy that separately....

Yeah ripcord, the Yamaha NP-11, that seems a pretty good starter keyboard with just the basic sounds.
    I see there is a 76-key version the NP-31.

If you get serious though you'll want to upgrade to one with a full 88-key hammer-action keyboard, if you want a proper piano feel.

If you want a keyboard with all the bells and whistles like the original one mentioned then the PSR-E333 has touch-sensitivity.

There are other brands but I find Yamaha very good.
    I'm a pro keyboard player but I'm looking for something like these for my young kids.

Interesting... what is hammer action? Is this different from touch-sensitivity?

If the PSR-E33 also has touch sensitivity - wouldn't it be far better than the NP11? Or am I missing some other advantage of the NP11?

Thanks

• Advertisement

Hammer-action replicates the feel of a real acoustic piano, where the keys feel weighted because they are pushing the hammers that strike the strings.

I can't speak with too much authority about these particular keyboards because I haven't played either of them, but it seems the NP11 is an entry-level model in the digital piano range, the few sounds it has are probably very good and possibly superior to the PSRE333. The keys may feel superior too.

However, the PSRE33 has a lot more features to help with learning, a rhythm machine, play-along songs and loads more sounds, it certainly is a lot more "fun", so it may suit you better to begin with.

Advertisement