Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cookoos nest ban

Options
  • 06-11-2011 4:31pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭

Over five or six years ago I was banned from the cookoos nest.
    I never bothered appealing.
    I think the circumstanses were this. ( from memory)
    I was browsing around and noted a thread where a subject ( subject x say something like "dogs are insane" was mentioned. A moderator stated something like "if anyone mentions dogs being insane again Ill ban them" I then came browsing by and posted "what is all the fuss about dogs?" and I was banned.

Can this be rescinded?

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

You should PM the mods of the forum and speak to them about having your ban lifted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭ISAW

ISAW wrote: »
    Over five or six years ago I was banned from the cookoos nest.
    I never bothered appealing.
    I think the circumstanses were this. ( from memory)
    I was browsing around and noted a thread where a subject ( subject x say something like "dogs are insane" was mentioned. A moderator stated something like "if anyone mentions dogs being insane again Ill ban them" I then came browsing by and posted "what is all the fuss about dogs?" and I was banned.

Can this be rescinded?

I think I found it iposted this
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=3149040&postcount=93
    after this:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=3148803&postcount=91

I didn't realise 91 was a mod decision. It is one I would object to anyway if it was one.

Zaph wrote: »
    You should PM the mods of the forum and speak to them about having your ban lifted.

thanks . and they are? wher do i get a list?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Amp's not around any more, he went crazy and tried to blow up the website. He was screaming something about Paris Hilton. It seemed terribly important at the time.

Anyway, I'll unban you, but only if you PM me a nice poem about doggies. No plagiarism, believe me I'll know.

Ooh, and a joke about Nazis.

actually the subject was Hitler but he had a dog

Blondi was a proper dog
    Hitler's other bitch
    Eva didn't like her
    Poor Blondi she got kicked

And with a soviets advance
    Before Liaka's capsule launched
    They tested a capsule on Blondie first
    Before her boss was ditched

• Advertisement

I said PM! This isn't helping your case!

And I said a NICE poem about doggies.

And where's the Nazi joke?

Pfft, no wonder amp banned you.

Sarky wrote: »
    I said PM! This isn't helping your case!

Who said I was not going to PM you? you made an offer I havenot yet accepted because we are not clear about your definition of "nice" "poem" or "joke"
    If poetry is essentially subjective you can't say it isn't nice a poem or a joke.

And I said a NICE poem about doggies.

What you want it in French now?
    And where's the Nazi joke?

That's a problem with satire isn't it?

Now would you mind posting the names of the cookoo's nest mods or are you one?

Your pedantry makes The Leader have a sadface, like this one -> :(

You'll have to wait until he stops crying and finishes off the last crate of bourbon before I have a response for you. However, if you were to use MSPaint (Or whatever the Mac equivalent is) to draw me a pretty picture of a duckie and a horsie, it might speed things up...

Well, I've conferred with The Leader and finger puppet representations of the other TCN mods which I made with my own two hands all by myself, and we're all in agreement that Bold is superior to Daz but Lenore trumps all, and without a picture of a duckie and a horsie like I mentioned earlier, there's not much we can do for now.

kthxbye <3

Sarky wrote: »
    Well, I've conferred with The Leader and finger puppet representations of the other TCN mods which I made with my own two hands all by myself, and we're all in agreement that Bold is superior to Daz but Lenore trumps all, and without a picture of a duckie and a horsie like I mentioned earlier, there's not much we can do for now.

kthxbye <3

I was asked to contact a mod of the Cookoos nest.
    You then posted here so i assumed you were one.
    Are you or are you not a mod of that forum?
    If you aren't I don't understand what you are asking.
    You made an offer to remove a ban on the basis of posting a poem.
    I am happy to accept that offer but I'd perfer you didnt get to judge what is "nice" ora"poem" or other ways to slip out of your committment first.
    You may like to broadcast about washing your dirty laundry in public but I prefer not to.
    If you can't or won't help me please direct me to someone who can.
    Am I to take it that regarding your you offer that you either didnt mean it or changed your mind.
    I have not expressed any opinion yet on your second offer of supplying drawings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Take it to PM, folks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement