Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asda (Strabane) delivery to Donegal?

Options
  • 06-11-2011 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

Has anyone here ever used the Asda delivery service crossing the border into Donegal? I'm aware of putting the BT11AA postcode but would the driver cross the border knowingly or would he just turn back? I want to order something for my parents and have it delivered to them.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I doubt it. I'm not 100% sure but if they were delivering to Donegal their vans would have been seen here and I certainly haven't seen any.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

Thanks Muffler. Actually I just called them and they basically said the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Amazon any good to you? They deliver free subject to a min. order value of £25

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

muffler wrote: »
    Amazon any good to you? They deliver free subject to a min. order value of £25.

Nah, it was something specific. But no worries.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭mistermouse

There are customs issue if alcohol and cigs are involved as european laws fall into place. You can only bring in stuff on a personal consumption basis. Asda might not get involved in deliveries as the driver is obviously not personally consuming these items. Believe me the law stands and can be upheld. I could not for example bring out Alcohol for you, me, my sister and two brothers, its illegal, so I'd imagine that they would stay away from bringing these items out, even if they were for different customers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Oh i feel like such a criminal now

Advertisement