Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holiday offer Japan.

Options
  • 06-11-2011 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭

Holiday to Japan.

A holiday to Japan will cost you on averaging hotel fees around €56 per night per person. If you were offered a 10 day self catering holiday lodge for two with access to Tokyo one hour by train for the same price and get 10 days free holiday stay in the same lodge the following year ! Would you take it ?.

The Japanese Tourist Board are seeking out ways to attract tourism back to Japan after the 3/11 disasters and one town in Saitama have come up with an innovated offer to help tourism back on track and at the same time be able to offer the proceeds collected by the holiday offer to be donated to their neighbors further north in their efforts to reconstruct . The asking price for the full package which includes the 10 free days upon a return trip the following year , is in the region of €1000 per two people sharing the lodge .

This is a pilot project and the hope is that if it proves a success, it will spread to other communities in Saitama to make the same offer of providing self catering holiday lodges to tourists who have an interest north of Tokyo.

Saitama has an industry of Bonsai and Koi Carp fish farms . January is the coldest month of the year and gets a dusting of snow sometimes .

So if you want to see Nikko or Fuji and shop in Tokyo at a relaxed pace , it's there to be had . Chiba Disney Land is in the next prefecture all within a days outing of your holiday lodge .

Personally I don't have full details of the terms and conditions of the holiday but if anybody is interested PM and i'll chase it up but the topic of conversation is as I've said above “Would you take a holiday of this nature if it were offered” or would you be more interested in a holiday that tries to cover much more of the country .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

This sounds amazing, I'd love to see countryside rather than cities.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Yes definitely! I've decided to put away half of my wages for the next few months and go to Japan in maybe March or something so this would definitely be of interest to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 cartman_101

flights and all like?

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭shindig-jp

Katy Morrison and Jamie Lafferty
    the British couple who won the 100 day trip in September

http://travelvolunteerblog.net/about-us/

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

I would definately take it but I'm not allowed since I'm only 14 D'X

• Advertisement
Advertisement