Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

micro dermal piercings

Options
  • 06-11-2011 5:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭

I'm not even sure of the name of them, which highlights my ignorance on the matter...

But I'm thinking of getting maybe 3 of them and would like to hear peoples experiences of them.

The location I have in mind atm is my back, maybe get them in a line between just over my bra and my neck. I'm worried though that they'll be in the way, in general when lying down, during physical activity with himself *cough* or even catching in clothes.

Any experience people have of having them will help me make my decision, or even exp of normal surface piercings on the back.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

I'm not even sure of the name of them, which highlights my ignorance on the matter...

But I'm thinking of getting maybe 3 of them and would like to hear peoples experiences of them.

The location I have in mind atm is my back, maybe get them in a line between just over my bra and my neck. I'm worried though that they'll be in the way, in general when lying down, during physical activity with himself *cough* or even catching in clothes.

Any experience people have of having them will help me make my decision, or even exp of normal surface piercings on the back.

Hi, I had two micro dermals on the back of my neck for about 9 months getting them in was grand and easy to look after (however they do catch on clothes buts its all about the area on your body) then 9 months after i got them put in i got a tattoo in the centre of them and they started to reject, they were rejecting a bit before that but with the tattoo they fully rejected( they are prone to rejection other posters will back me up on this one from personal experience) but anyway they are pretty cool piercings and they are unique and i enjoyed them for the time i had them...my piercer said hel put them back in for free for me but to be honest its not worth the hassel for them to reject again so ill leave it also when they reject you can get scarred. best of luck with your decision anyway :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭CD.

I had a microdermal on my chest, just below the hollow of my throat (bout 2 inches down). It was healing well, only had it for 3 months or so though.

Because of its positioning on my chest and the closeness of it to my neckline, the neckline of t-shirts tugged at it, it wasn't painful unless it was tugged sharply/suddenly, but it could be felt with general movement and it was an unpleasant feeling.

As swelling went down the distance between it and my skin increased which didn't help the problem at all and I became paranoid it was rejecting though I think that was all in my head tbh.

It had to be removed in the end so I could get an MRI. I have a small scar there, but it bubbled up slightly and because of that, it looks like a spot and it's really obvious when I wear t-shirts with a bigger/lower v-neck >.< I wouldn't mind if it was flat rather than a raised scar but what ya gonna do?

Also, you should figure out positioning on your back if you will have to wear a backpack lots because it could push/rub against it. I had to be extremely careful with the bag I use for college because it was a cross body strap, so needed to be careful taking it on/off.

Despite all that if I wasn't worried about having to get another MRI or something similar down the line I would get one again, possibly in a similar spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

That's true, I only ever use cross over handbags, hadn't thought of that.

Thanks for the info guys, really appreciate it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I had 2 on my wrist, loved them but the never really healed! First one rejected after about 3 months and the other followed suit about 1 months later! 2 years later and i still have pretty visible scars!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ajay 83

I have 3 on my wrist iv got them for at least a year and a half. I love them, but they do catch in everything and then they get infected regularly. So i think your back would be a bad place for them!:p

• Advertisement
Advertisement