Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feedback appreciated for my fitness website

• 06-11-2011 5:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭

Hi guys! :)

I's really appreciate any feedback on this website: www.fit4lifecork.com/testing

I know that the form on the contact page isn't working, i don't have the php script attached. Its more layout, type, pics, compatibility, and any spell checks (i think it's all clear though) that I'm wondering about.

It's my first proper website for a real client. :)

Thanks a million!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Page could be wider.

Fonts are a bit too skinny and thin.

Nav text needs better contrast.

The colour scheme is too grey. Compare to Personal Training and Special Offers pages which look much better. Colour combinations like e70d64 text on 4d566b background on the contact page don't work well.

Content on a few pages is pushed too far down.

No bloody prices anywhere, really annoying that.

Your using multiple h1s on the homepage which isn't a good idea.

No customer feedback content.

Unhelpful 404 page.

Could do with a footer with contact details and redundant text nav.

You are also using the css id selector multiple times. Id should only be used once per page, class can be used for multiple usage.

hth/gl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

tricky D wrote: »
    Page could be wider.

Fonts are a bit too skinny and thin.

Nav text needs better contrast.

The colour scheme is too grey. Compare to Personal Training and Special Offers pages which look much better. Colour combinations like e70d64 text on 4d566b background on the contact page don't work well.

Content on a few pages is pushed too far down.

No bloody prices anywhere, really annoying that.

Your using multiple h1s on the homepage which isn't a good idea.

No customer feedback content.

Unhelpful 404 page.

Could do with a footer with contact details and redundant text nav.

You are also using the css id selector multiple times. Id should only be used once per page, class can be used for multiple usage.

hth/gl

Thanks for the feedback sorry only getting to reply now. Yes I am changing the fonts now and the nav headings will be black and bold instead.

The client has insisted on the grey I'm afraid. I have changed to a more slightly coloured image for the new redesign and moved the content up quite a bit.

I'll link to the next iteration of the website later on tonight but thanks for your feedback! The multiple h1s was an oversight on my part! I also do need to do the 404 page. I'm not sure if customer feedback would be used- i mean i'd just be making it up! And the client was insistent on having no prices, against my judgment! :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭VMotion

Background image of 2+MB is just killing. It is a pattern, use the smallest fragment available and then just repeat is with css.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭enviro

Server Error now

Thanks for all the replies so far! :)

The redesign, with all the above taken into account is at www.fit4lifecork.com
    I still have to do the custom 404 and the form validator and php handler.

Any one else have any thoughts??

I have massively downsized the bg, an oversight on my behalf! When I get a few moments I will actually optimise most of the other images, most of them are a little too big! I've changed the size of the fonts and the style, most noticeable in the nav bar.

Thanks for all the feedback so far! :)

• Advertisement

Any one else wanna throw in their 2cents?? Would really appreciate it! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Changing the Google font and main text font will make a big difference to the overall website. Maybe only have two fonts for the whole website; For headings and larger text something a little easier to read and for main body maybe something like Verdana.
    The colour scheme is a bit heavy - maybe reduce the pink colours to something a little more subtle like #994A8E
    On the homepage I don't know what is a link and what's not - Maybe just give <strong> tags for the text you would like to highlight (Good practice too), and leave a different colour for the actual links.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭MagicRon

You should probably take a look at this.

There are many unclosed <p> tags there too e.g. see before </body>.
    Close your <p> tags with </p>.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I wouldn't use an XHTML doctype anyway, <p> closing tags are optional in HTML 4.01 and HTML 5.

Advertisement